Method Community

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send on behalf of the from address

Last post 07-09-2015 3:38 PM by pdx971. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2015 6:24 PM

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send on behalf of the from address

Hello,

When one of my staff try to have a reminder emailed to them, we receive this message. Based on the information we receive, it looks like the user's account is trying to send the email from my account and is therefore rejected. I believe we have all the email settings setup correctly. Each user has their own email settings entered and can send emails to clients via Method CRM.

We are using Office 365 for email. Not sure if we have to do something special. I did add our email server IP addresses to our permissions, but perhaps there is something new.

Help?

• 07-06-2015 9:30 AM In reply to

Re: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send on behalf of the from address

Hello,

Is it just happening for the one User? Did it also just begin or was that User always having that error? 

Please also take a look at our Help Center article: Solution No. 243 this may have some information that can be of assistance.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-06-2015 11:28 AM In reply to

Re: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send on behalf of the from address

Hello,

We are using Office 365. I have created a new mailbox called crm@domain.com.

I want system emails from Method Me to be sent out from this mailbox. Seems like a simple thing, but when the system tries to send an email using these settings, I receive an error message stating:

>>>The test email failed to send. Your settings have not been saved. Please edit the settings and try again. Here is the response we received from your email server:
    >>>Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.62 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send on behalf of the from address

When Method Me sends an email from the system, is it just using the default email settings or is it using the user settings in some way? Is if using the "sent of behalf of" idea?

We need to get this figured out. The issue is NOT the Office 365 settings, but rather how Method is sending the email.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

• 07-06-2015 12:09 PM In reply to

Hey Chris,

You would need to configure "Send As" permission on your mail server to allow your Users accounts to send email as your mailbox account (crm@domain.com). Here are instructions on how to do it for Office365: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2572646

We don’t officially support Microsoft Exchange/Office 365. A user of ours was able to get their Method account to work with MS Exchange and we have posted the directions they used in solution No. 394 in our Help Center. While you may be able to get this working as well, we cannot guarantee consistent functionality.

I recommend using an alternate mail server if you have this option. Additionally, you can give our Support line a call at 1.888.925.6238 x2 and we can look into it further. We can do our best to troubleshoot the issue, but again will not be able to guarantee functionality through Office 365.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-06-2015 1:34 PM In reply to

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have already confirgured the Send As and Send on Behalf of settings for this account. I have also already setup the Connector. Method can send out emails from a users account, the problem we run into is that the REMINDERS are not being sent correctly.

When a reminder is scheduled to be emailed out, what account sends the reminder email?

Thanks,

Chris

• 07-06-2015 3:24 PM In reply to

Hey Chris,

From what it looks like it is blocking the relay for the Reminder emails.

create an Allow list of all of Methods mail server IP addresses (I have emailed you the IPs we use).

HERE is how to complete that Allow list, scroll down to - Use the EAC to edit the default connection filter policy.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-06-2015 4:20 PM In reply to

I have followed the directions and updated the EAC. It may take some time to resolve.

In the mean time, I did some additional research and found a forum suggesting I change the server settings to "XXXXXXX-com.mail.eo.outlook.com" and use an non-SSL connection. I made the associated changes and the email went through. The server settings are based on the MX record for the domain when Office 365 sets up the account.

I will try testing the reminder emails again to see if this helps.

Tomorrow I will switch back to the "correct" server and SSL settings and see if it is working also.

• 07-09-2015 12:03 PM In reply to

Update:

I tried to switch back to our SSL (TLS) server but received an error again.

I did schedule a reminder using the non-SSL settings and did receive the email reminder without issue. However, another one of my staff setup a reminder but still received the error message stating the message could not be sent.

The email has my email address as the "Server User" but has his email as the "From Address".

It should have his email address for both. This is why he is getting the error, because he is not authorized to send emails from my email address.

Why is method using my "Server User" for his reminder messages?

Your help is appreciated...

P.S. This is not a setup issue on our server, but rather an issue in how method is trying to send the emails.

• 07-09-2015 3:26 PM In reply to

Hey Chris,

I'm not sure how it's setup on your account but:

Why don't you set the Default Email Server to crm@domain.com and set your User account to your own email (Server User?).

Then give permissions for emails to sent out from crm@domain.com for all your Users.

Can this be a possibility?

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-09-2015 3:38 PM In reply to

Currently I have the default set to the crm@domain.com account so that system emails are sent using this email account. All users have their own email credentials entered so emails they send appear to come from them. On our server, I have already given all users permission to send from the crm email account, yet this has not resolved the issue. For some reason the reminders for my staff are being sent from my email (admin) instead of the crm or their own email.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)