Method Community

New User Role & Tab

Last post 10-13-2015 9:05 AM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2010 12:21 PM

New User Role & Tab

Hi, I set up a new user role and tab, but cannot see them.  I also set up the new user a month or so ago and the login information is not working.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy 

• 05-13-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: New User Role & Tab

Answer

Hi Cindy,

Please review webinar 1 - Getting started with Method by using the following link: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/556.aspx to ensure you followed the right steps to set up the user and role properly.

That webinar would also help you to log in as the new user.  Once you follow the steps outlined and verify that the user has been successfully set up, you would then want to ensure that you have the correct licensing type set up and the number of additional users reflects the updated number of users.

Let me know if you are able to get the user up and running.

• 09-29-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

Hi Amanda, I did a lot more work on this tab and have been using the webinars to walk me through a lot of the nuances of defining this role and it's access.

Last week, we used the admin access to log in to method and to my surprise all the changes I made to what I thought was our new role were in our access as well, i.e. I hid the customer list in the new role.

Can you offer some insight as to why these changes were not made just to the new role/access?

Thanks!
    Cindy

• 09-30-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

Answer

Hello Cindy,

Under Customize > Tab Groups/Roles you specify which Tabs should be accessible to the corresponding Roles. Let's take the Customer Center Tab for example, if you remove the Customer List screen from that Tab, then point Admin and the New Role to have access to the Customer Center tab, now both would not see the Customer list screen since it has been removed.

In your case, did you create a new Tab and place the screens that should be visible to the New Role? If you didn't then this may be the reason you got the results you did. Once you have your new Tab, you then edit the Role to have access to it. Let me know if this works.

• 10-12-2015 5:26 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

the link doesn't work

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254