Method Community

Setting up Email Preferences

Last post 08-06-2015 1:40 PM by Method_Morty. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2015 12:12 PM

Setting up Email Preferences

As the admin I have set the default email server settings and have successfully tested sending emails from my account. When I tested sending emails from one of the sales peoples account, it sent the email successfully but did not automatically put it in their outlook inbox. The problem might be that their method account didn't have the "customize>myaccount" visible to send a test email to confirm it was working. Is there a reason it would send the email for them, but not put it in their outlook?

Conner

• 07-27-2015 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: Setting up Email Preferences

Adding to this; I have tried overriding the email server settings for his individual account, but afterwards I still receive the "Email Settings Test Successful!" email (Which for some reason is from the sales guy's email address sent to me)

• 07-28-2015 10:17 AM In reply to

Hey Conner, 

If I understood correctly, you want emails that get sent from Method to show up in the Outlook inbox. There is a workaround to get that to work; you can take a look at this thread HERE. 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-28-2015 10:33 AM In reply to

Hey,

I have followed the steps from that thread; both using the default mail server settings, as well as overriding the settings for my sales person. The emails DO send successfully, however they DON'T appear in his outlook. My admin account which I used to set up the initial mail server settings does work, and the messages I send appear in my inbox. I don't understand why it works for me, but doesn't show up for him. 

• 07-28-2015 1:37 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

I did search to see if any of our other clients have had this problem before, and I can't find much. 

As it stands only emails that are sent out from Method using the default mail server show up in Outlook inbox.

I'll try some more testing from my end to see if I get the same issue using Outlook, and try to find a solution and update you with what I find.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-06-2015 12:30 PM In reply to

Hey,

I realized that the only reason the ones I was sending showed up in my inbox was because I was cc'ing myself (oops). Are emails sent through method supposed to show up in the sent folder in outlook? Or does it only BCC the user sending it so it shows up in your inbox?

Conner

• 08-06-2015 1:40 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

From THIS thread:

I wanted to chime in here since this already works on my end even with the Outlook plugin. I went into Method to send an email using one of our email templates, once the email was sent to the customer (my sample "Amy Smith" must hate me) I went back to Outlook and the email does appear in the sent items folder. 

Here's the trick, it's for the email address that is being used to authenticate the account (Customize >>> My Account) … unless you over-ride this for the individual Method user that is logged in (Customize >>> Users >>> Step 2 of 10) then it will use that email address.

But other Users had to setup Outlook rules that involved BCC'ing emails and then pulling it into the Sent folder.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)