Method Community

Method Integration Engine, Windows Date Format and QuickBooks 2013

Last post 09-21-2015 4:50 PM by alexhuang. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2015 9:57 PM

Method Integration Engine, Windows Date Format and QuickBooks 2013

Hi Method, 

I read several forum post and it asks to check PC's date/time while Method integration engine fails. Now I got an issue that Method integration engine just stop synchronizing every transaction created in Method system. 

What I did is, the Method system is created, and syncrhonize to a QB company file (QB 2013 desktop, windows), it runs no problem. However, the date/time format on the PC running QBs and Method integration engine needs to be changed (from MM/dd/YYYY to dd MM, YYYY.) Then, all transaction stops going to my local QBs after I changed that date format. Once I change date format back, integration engine runs well.

Does it mean I cannot change local PC's time format after Method system and a QB company file connected? What if I really have to do so, how should I do it?

Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 07-29-2015 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: Method Integration Engine, Windows Date Format and QuickBooks 2013

Hey Alex,

I was able to replicate your issue:

I have created a ticket for our development team, I can't give you an ETA but I'll keep you posted in this thread with any updates I receive from them.

A workaround you can try if you really do have to change it: take a look into setting up a Virtual Machine. Let your QB file and Method Sync Engine sit on the VM and keep the date format set to default. Then on your local machine you can continue using dd MM, YYYY. 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-29-2015 11:28 AM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Thanks for reply. If I run QB on a VM, will this QBs use date format from VM or host machine?

The reason I need to change date format is because QBs use this date format to interpret some date value. Because our QB company file is shared file, all our Windows PC connect to this company file needs to have same date format set (that include the one running Method integration engine), or something weird happened.

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 07-29-2015 12:01 PM In reply to

Hi Alex,

QB should follow the date format set within the VM.

In terms of the other Users that will be accessing the shared QB file with the date format that is causing issues: they would be set to listener mode as the VM would be the main computer to sync with. I would suggest testing this environment first and confirm it won't cause any sync issues, theoretically speaking it seems fine. But again I would suggest testing before deploying 100%. 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-21-2015 3:20 PM In reply to

Hi,

Any news to this fix? Or, is it something we need to change in QuickBooks? My clients would like to consolidate all QuickBooks client to single machine, that is one machine to work on multiple QuickBooks files. In this case, date format can not be switched anymore, and that will make it impossible for some company file to sync with Method. Please help.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 09-21-2015 3:43 PM In reply to

Hey Alex,

I don't have an update for this request at the moment.

As for alternatives, I have not tested but worth a shot: let the QB file sit on a dedication machine that will have the time format unchanged to MM/dd/YYY. Set that computer as the Main Computer to Sync To.

Now the other computers accessing that file are set to Listener Mode and can be set to dd MM, YYYY, as they are not the Main Computer to Sync To. Again I have not tested this environment yet, but it’s worth giving a try.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-21-2015 4:50 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

To use another PC with different date format is the way we are using, and it does work, but that does occupy one PC and one QuickBooks site. We want to consolidate all QuickBooks clients into few PC, and that forces all QuickBooks clients to use same date format, that is why I'm asking for help. 

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)