Method Community

Missing Activity in Customer View

Last post 08-05-2015 11:05 AM by Method_Morty. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2015 10:25 PM

Missing Activity in Customer View

Hello guys,

Does anyone ever had an issue that activity is not listed on Customer View but listed on Activity List? Is there any error?

Please see my screenshot below that on Customer view, the latest activity is on 7th May 2015.

In fact, there is another activity made to that account on 29th May 2015, but not included on the Customer View. The activity is made by the same user.

Please advise

• 07-30-2015 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Missing Activity in Customer View

Hi Jonathan,

The only reason that should happen is if the Activity is being created from the NewActivity screen and the Contact field is empty.

What I would do is export the Activity table and take a look at those Acitivty#'s look at which Contact they're attached to. Make sure those Contacts have the same Contacts_RecordID.

Take a look into that and reply back with what you find and we can take a deeper look.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-30-2015 10:18 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

At the second image it is shown that the contact info is the same with the first and the activity is made via log-a-call button in Customer View. So the contact is automatically selected. (FYI, I disable NewActivity outside log-a-call).

Please advise.

• 07-31-2015 9:46 AM In reply to

Hey Jonathan,

Could that Contact maybe have a duplicate for e.g. as a Vendor? Lead? I would still confirm by making sure their RecordIDs are same by exporting the Activities table. 

This one maybe easier to troubleshoot via screen share with one of our Support members, when you get a chance give us a call at the Method support line at 1.888.925.6238 x 2 and we'll be happy to take a look with you.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-02-2015 10:33 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Here is what I found in Activity Report,

The Contacts_RecordID shows the correct RecordID. 

I will be having a hard time connecting with your team because we are in Indonesia, and its 13 hrs difference. So it would be your night time when I work and vice versa. So I think this forum should be the best way for us to connect.

ActivityCompanyName AssignedTo ContactEmail ContactName Contacts Contacts_RecordID ContactsEmail ContactsName ContactsSalesRep CreatedBy CreatedBy_RecordID CreatedDate DueDateEnd DueDateStart EmailBCC Entity Entity_RecordID EntityCompanyName LastModifiedBy LastModifiedBy_RecordID LastModifiedDate RecordID
    @PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK atikah.widiya yocki.oktario@aop.component.astra.co.id @PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK 3734 3734 yocki.oktario@aop.component.astra.co.id @PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK AW         atikah.widiya 4 2015-Jul-29 03:38:00 PM 2015-Jul-29 03:37:00 PM @PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK 515 @PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK atikah.widiya 4 2015-Jul-29 03:43:36 PM 17373
  • 08-03-2015 11:46 AM In reply to

Hey Jonathan,

Can you please PM or Email me your Company Account name? Also please turn on MethodSupport User by heading over to Customize > Users checking the radiobox for MethodSupport.

This will allow me to login into your account, I can take a look here from my end and report back with what I find out.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-03-2015 10:11 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Sent.

• 08-05-2015 11:05 AM In reply to

Hey Jonathan,

From what it looks like (correct me if I'm wrong)

You have both a Customer and Customer Lead '@PT ASTRA OTOPARTS TBK'

if I go into the Customer 'Yoofi' I see the activity listed:

Is this the issue, the activity was saved on the Lead rather than the Customer?

Another way to easier find which Customer recordID it is assigned to: on the Activity List bottom right corner click on the gear icon and add the 'Name' field to the Grid > Update. Now click on the Name it should bring you in a popup to the assigned Customer.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)