Method Community

Sync loop

Last post 08-06-2015 1:53 PM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2015 4:27 PM

• cdvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2015
    • Posts 7

Sync loop

So we have a very interesting situation: We created a new Purchase Order in Method:CRM. That syncs to Quickbooks nicely. But then Quickbooks syncs it back to Method - as a new Purchase Order. That goes back to Quickbooks, and from Quickbooks again back to Method:CRM, creating one more. This goes on and on and on...

Anybody ever ran into such a problem? The only solution I see is deleting all the POs, the original and the copies..

• 08-06-2015 8:46 AM In reply to

Re: Sync loop

Hey,

Is this PO being created on a customized PO screen or the stock Method screen? If it is on a customized screen, please try creating a PO in the stock PO screen and see if the sync is still looping.

If you follow these steps and still are running into the same sync issues, please give us a call on the Method support line at 1.888.925.6238 x 2 and we'll be happy to take a look with you, as this one will be a lot easier to troubleshoot via screen share.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-06-2015 12:44 PM In reply to

• cdvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2015
    • Posts 7

Thank you, it is indeed a customized screen: We added a custom field we use in Quickbooks. If we create a new PO in Method and add something with an "&" sign in that field, that will niceley sync into Quickbooks, but every change we do in Method will create a new item in Quickbooks. The other way around it works fine, but every duplicate in Quickbooks naturally also shows up in Method. This seems like a generic bug either in Method or Quickbooks, however, we can just avoid the "&" sign or use a field that is just present in Method instead.

• 08-06-2015 1:53 PM In reply to

Hey,

Ah I see, thanks for replying back with that information.

I know some characters are reserved in HTML. For example the character <, indicates the beginning of a tag. Thus it's typed as &lt; - which brings me to ampersands:

Ampersand is also a special character. The "&" symbol marks the beginning of a reference character. This maybe a cause for the errors you are having in terms of syncing/page errors.

I would have to do further testing on my end to confirm.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)