Method Community

Problems After Enabling SSL on form page

Last post 08-13-2015 9:53 AM by gmatthew. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2015 11:52 AM

Problems After Enabling SSL on form page

After enabling SSL on our website for the URL https://isadors.com/home-delivery-request, our lead form is no longer working. I've added the URL to method so that it is accepting leads from the site on SSL but am still receiving an error message that reads "An error was encountered. Please contact form provider for a solution. Thank you." I have tried to think of other reasons that this change would cause problems but have run out of ideas. I'd appreciate any help I can get diagnosing this problem. Thanks!

• 08-08-2015 5:40 PM In reply to

Re: Problems After Enabling SSL on form page

It would seem that the issue is not at all related to SSL. According to the error email : "The could not be found as a possible value to insert. Please check the spelling.FullName_ReadOnly_Step2" 

• 08-10-2015 1:49 PM In reply to

Hey,

On Step of 9: do you have FullName as an available field?

The issue seems to be related to field name 'FullName' and should be within Step 2. 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-10-2015 3:11 PM In reply to

I do not have FullName available as a field in Step 2.

• 08-10-2015 3:30 PM In reply to

Hey,

Can you post the full error log you have also if you can also PM your Company Account and make sure MethodSupport is turned on.

I'll do some investigating from my end and see where the error is.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-10-2015 5:09 PM In reply to

I've emailed you the details of the error report because of the customer names that it contains. Could you please instruct me on how to make sure MethodSupport is turned on? Thanks for your help.

• 08-11-2015 10:36 AM In reply to

Head over to Customize > Users and make sure the checkbox to the right of MethodSupport User is checked.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-11-2015 10:49 AM In reply to

The support account is now active.

• 08-12-2015 4:22 PM In reply to

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply.

Had a chance to look at the log and I see on step 8 of 9: you have Default Values assigned for the AssignedTo fields.

The default values were set to Nicole, it could not find that because Nicole on the system is is titled: 'Nicole Hull'. As per her User Name under Customize > Users.

Head over to step 8 edit the AssignedTo fields and from the dropdown choose Nicole Hull.

Then repaste the HTML code onto your domain and try again.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-13-2015 9:53 AM In reply to

Thanks for your reply. I began using a different form thinking that it may solve the problem, but I was still recieving errors as of 8/11/15. When I attempting to use the form CollectBillingInfo @ Justin this morning it worked! I'm not sure if you did something to fix the FullName problem that I was encountering before or if this issue resolved itself, but all seems to be good now. Thanks for your help. One more thing -- do you know how I can format the SendEmail functions to include more than one field in the body? Using SendEmail as the action for a button will only allow me to select one field from a dropdown to place in the body of the email. This is extremely limiting. I've created a post that has not been replied to yet: https://www.method.me/cs/forums/t/7660.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)