Method Community

Merging multiple fields into an email

Last post 08-13-2015 10:11 AM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2015 9:57 AM

Merging multiple fields into an email

I would like to send an email when a user submits information through the portal but I do not know how to combine merge fields into a single email. I would like to include relevant customer information from the customers table and also from the screen as they submit it. Can I use the markup TableName.FieldName in the Send Email action of the button? How do I go about replacing the merge fields with the actual customer information? Thanks for any help!

• 08-13-2015 10:11 AM In reply to

Re: Merging multiple fields into an email

Answer

Hey,

I would suggest making a copy of the Listbuilder screen and looking at the actions on the Process All button.  In the action list (at around action 23) you will see the Character Function being used and specifically the merge fields function.  What this does is it takes database terms in the email template (your merge fields) and converts it for the table and field it was meant for.  That function allows you to set the table that needs to be referenced for the merge field.

You can find out more about the merge fields on our Help Center here: Merge Fields

See if that puts you on the right path, if you need further explaination let me know.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)