Method Community

Email Error

Last post 09-01-2015 11:36 AM by jsautel. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2015 10:02 AM

Email Error

Hello Method!

We received an email with this error this morning.

"

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send. Method has tried to send this email via your specified mail server a total of 5 times, approximately 5 minutes apart, before giving up."

"

Response from Mail Server

Failure sending mail.
    Unable to connect to the remote server

"

We aren't sending with SSL. Default port is 25. I tried to login in to the mail server listed with the server user, and send an email. Everything seems to be working fine. Did something change with the move to amazon this last weekend?

Thanks

• 08-26-2015 10:18 AM In reply to

Re: Email Error

Hey,

Depending on how your mail server is setup, we do have new IPs we use. If before the move you had to whitelist a list of IPs you will need to edit those IPs with the new ones we have.

Which mail server are you currently using? That will help me narrow the error down.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-26-2015 10:44 AM In reply to

we are currently using an Exchange 2010 server

• 08-26-2015 2:26 PM In reply to

Hey,

In that case it most likely has to do with whitelisting of the new IPs we use to relay emails.

Please refer to:

- Solution No. 243

- Solution No. 394

When you're ready, shoot an email over to support@method.me requesting for the new IPs you need to add to the allowed list in your EAC.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-27-2015 1:54 PM In reply to

Thanks mortaza! I sent them an email.

• 08-31-2015 9:15 AM In reply to

Hey Mortaza!

I tried to add the IPs to the EAC and our email still isn't working. Could you think of anything else that would be causing this error?

Thanks!

• 08-31-2015 1:00 PM In reply to

Hey James,

Did you use the block of IPs or used the specific addresses? If you chose the latter it may be an issue, as the IPs are not static due to the way the Amazon environment is setup. 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-01-2015 10:07 AM In reply to

Hi,

I added the block of IPs to the EAC, and still no luck.

Thanks

• 09-01-2015 10:20 AM In reply to

Hey James,

Is it the same response as the original post? 

Response from Mail Server

Failure sending mail.
    Unable to connect to the remote server

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-01-2015 10:25 AM In reply to

Yes that is the exact error message from the email

• 09-01-2015 11:12 AM In reply to

Hey James,

If the Exchange server was already setup with SMTP Open Relay prior to the Amazon move, changing the IPs is all we should have tweaked after the move.

If not:

You'll have to set-up an SMTP open relay on your Exchange server in order for Method emails to go through. This is something I recommend you speak with your Exchange server Admins about, there's usually a structured way to do this - Microsoft Exchange, for instance, allows you to create "SMTP connectors" which Method can connect with (detailed here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265293). Method doesn't provide support for configuring Exchange servers. We recommend you contact Microsoft Exchange support for assistance in configuring your Exchange server to accept a Method SMTP connection (all they need is the list of IPs we use to relay).

Reason being every Exchange environments are unique and altering settings can cause issues in other areas, I recommend you run any changes by your Exchange Admins or Microsoft Exchange Support.

Let me know if there is more information you need from me and I'll be happy to assist.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-01-2015 11:36 AM In reply to

I replied to an email that you sent me with the IP addresses. I hope that is ok.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)