Method Community

Auto start, stop, pause and reset Timer

Last post 09-01-2015 11:33 PM by l.brandow. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2015 4:52 PM

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Auto start, stop, pause and reset Timer

I would like the timer object to start when the screen loads. Is there a way to do that? It seems so simple, but I can't find a way. It would be great if other timer controls could be automated by outside actions as well.

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 09-01-2015 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Auto start, stop, pause and reset Timer

Hey Lance,

From my testing, there is no way to start/stop the timer from an OnScreenLoad.

But what I did find on the FieldServiceMOB_WorkOrders screen we are using a "Call WebService" action for the Start Timer or Stop Timer button objects on this screen. If you click "edit" for either the Start Timer or Stop Timer button objects, you will see the "Call WebService" action used here, and you can view the details.

What you can try is an OnScreenLoad ~> Gain Focus on a Start Timer button obj - that makes the web call to Start Timer. I have not tested this on my end, if you try this route please do follow up.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-01-2015 11:33 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Re: Auto start, stop, pause and reset Timer

Hmmm..... Okay. That is a thought. I wanted to use the Timer Object so I could use the On Interval trigger to run an action set. I'm not sure how I would do that using the API Timer. What I'm trying to do is refresh a dashboard grid every 5 minutes. 

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)