Method Community

Issue with PayPal Payments

Last post 09-24-2015 10:14 AM by Tami. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2015 3:04 PM

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Issue with PayPal Payments

I've had two customers try to pay via PayPal the past few days with no success.  I thought maybe my API Signature fields had gotten deleted so went in and updated them.  That didn't work. I created a test invoice and, using the links in the e-mail went online to try to pay.  I get the following error message:

The Payment Did Not Process

ERROR reason for Error: Description of Error: Failure: Security Header is not valid

I've made no changes to Method or PayPal on my side.  I don't know why I have a problem.  Please advise.

Tami

drvinylofcentralnmllc

• 09-02-2015 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with PayPal Payments

Hi Tami,

It sounds like you are using our stock Method portal & payment gateways to process payments from users.  If this is the case, I will move this post over to our General Q&A forum where our support team will jump into the conversation.  

I have a few questions to get us started -  

1) Are you using Method:Classic?

2) Have you setup a PayPal Credit Card as the payment gateway?

3) Are you using the stock Method portal to process payments from users?  

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 09-02-2015 4:06 PM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

I apologize for misdirecting.  Thank you for your assistance.

1) Are you using Method:Classic? YES

2) Have you setup a PayPal Credit Card as the payment gateway? No. Using PayPal Account - It's been working for me since I set it up in 2014.

3) Are you using the stock Method portal to process payments from users?  Yes

• 09-02-2015 4:23 PM In reply to

Thanks for the responses Tami!

With the above questions answered, I can confirm that this question belongs in our General Q&A forum.  I'll go ahead and move this thread over there now, and a member of our Support Team will continue to look at your issue.  The API sub forum is geared towards questions/concerns with the Method's API which developers use to integrate with our platform :)  

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 09-03-2015 10:56 AM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Thank you.  Had another customer call this morning trying to pay an invoice using PayPal and unable to.  I've done everything I know how to do to attempt to correct the problem (re-inputting all information and resaving payment type), but it doesn't seem to correct the problem.

Tami

• 09-03-2015 12:19 PM In reply to

Hey Tami,

Just to start from the beginning have you already added PayPal as a Payment Gateway type under Customize > My Account > Payment Gateways:

Let me know and we look further from there.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-03-2015 12:25 PM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Yes.  I am using PayPal Account.

• 09-04-2015 9:31 AM In reply to

Hey Tami,

As this will have sensitive information, we'll take it off the Forums - I have created a Support case for you. As soon as a member from Support is available they will reach out and troubleshoot the error over a screen share.

I have noted down all the information you have given us here and updated the case notes with that information.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-22-2015 8:55 PM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

What do I have to do to get an update on this case?  The case # is 15667.  The gentelmen that is handling the case has not responded to any of my inquiries, neither has my account manager.  Can someone please help?

Tami

• 09-23-2015 9:12 AM In reply to

Hey Tami,

I have taken a look at your case, by the way it's (#15567) a Support member has contacted you and has opened a ticket with our development team to take a look. He is waiting to hear back from our development team to give you another call with an update. 

I'll also keep can eye on the ticket for any updates from our development team and I'll update this thread with that information.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-23-2015 9:28 AM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Thank you.  My biggest complaint is it has been more than two weeks since this ticket was opened and I have customers waiting to pay me.  Second biggest complaint is even after I've sent inquires as to the status of this ticket, no one has bothered to respond to me with an update.  Thank you for watching this ticket and I hope that I will be hearing from someone from your team soon with a resolution.  

Tami

• 09-24-2015 10:14 AM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Please provide an updated on this issue.  i now have three customers waiting to pay invoices, but are unable because this link is broken.

Thank you.

Tami

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)