Method Community

Quickbooks Crash - Method Causing it??

Last post 05-28-2010 3:38 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2010 11:32 AM

Quickbooks Crash - Method Causing it??

Quickbooks is crashing (sort of) whenever I do a Method sync.  This started immediately after I installed the latest Quickbooks auto update a few days ago.  Method resolve conflicts center says that I need to rebuild my data file, which I have done.  (Ran rebuild & verify 5 times now, each time it says my data is fine, it was never "corrupt")

It says to check the method log for more info, but I am not quite sure where that is located...

I say it "sort of' crashes, but really Quickbooks never actually closes down, so I am not 100% sure what is going on.  The pop up message I get from quickbooks is that "Quickbooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down. - with the option to send or not send the error...  If I hit either send or not send, the method sync continues on, AND quickbooks resumes to function just fine.

I have a suspicion from the details of the error that it has something to do with a duplicate entry, invoice, etc but how the heck do I find out where and how to fix it???

UPDATE:  Tried another rebuild, again no errors found.  below is more info from the integration engine while doing a full sync.

5/27/2010 11:46:56 AM 'Entity'Failed: response=The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("80000CE4-1214323571") that could not be found in QuickBooks.
    5/27/2010 11:46:46 AM 'Entity'Failed: response=The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("8F0001-1117835386") that could not be found in QuickBooks.
    5/27/2010 11:46:41 AM 'Invoice' 1 deletion(s) from server
    5/27/2010 11:46:37 AM 'Entity'Failed: response=The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("6530000-1064978377") that could not be found in QuickBooks.
    5/27/2010 11:46:35 AM 'Invoice'Failed: response=The query request has not been fully completed. There was a required element ("853C1-1274915354") that could not be found in QuickBooks.

The complete details of the error I get in the integration engine are below:

5/27/2010 10:02:42 AM ERROR'MESSAGE'These columns don't currently have unique values./MESSAGE'STACKTRACE'   at System.Data.ConstraintCollection.AddUniqueConstraint(UniqueConstraint constraint)
       at System.Data.ConstraintCollection.Add(Constraint constraint, Boolean addUniqueWhenAddingForeign)
       at System.Data.DataTable.set_PrimaryKey(DataColumn[ value)
       at MethodIntegrationEngine.QuickBooks.fnQuickBooksSyncList_Step3_DesktopAddedOrModified_Send(String sDataBaseName, String& MyOutput, String& sTableName, String& sDesktopIDField, String& sRecordName, Boolean& blnFirst, Boolean& blnLast, enumSyncType& SyncType, String& sQueryBuild, String& sQueryTag, Boolean& blnIncludeTxnLineItems, ENListDelType& SyncList, Int32& intConflictCount, Int32& intAddSuccessfulServer, Int32& intModSuccessfulServer, Boolean& blnProcessAgainForParentRef, Boolean& blnFullSyncNeedNeedsRetry, DataSet& dataSetFullSync, Int32 RetCount, Int32 intTestedSoFarTotal)/STACKTRACE'Context'5010/Context'Table'accInvoice/Table'/ERROR''Account' 18 modification(s)
    'Template' 1 modification(s)
    'Item' 191 modification(s)

• 05-28-2010 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Crash - Method Causing it??

Answer

Hello,

We've had 2 other customers with similar issues after they installed the latest QuickBooks update, please keep in mind this only applies to the Canadian version. Those 2 customers reverted QuickBooks to how it was before the update and that worked. In terms of the steps involved to revert QuickBooks you may have to contact Intuit if you are not sure.

With regards to checking for conflicts in Method you can go to QuickBooks tab> Resolve conflicts. You would then have 2 options to either delete or un-delete. If you click on delete it would delete that transaction from QuickBooks and/or Method, if you click on un-delete it would attempt send the transaction over to QuickBooks once again. You can check if you have any Invoice related conflicts.

• 05-28-2010 9:29 AM In reply to

Hello,

I just wanted to add that Intuit is aware of this issue but hasn't given an ETA as to when it would be resolved. So for now the only solution would be to revert your QuickBooks to the state it was in before the update.

• 05-28-2010 11:45 AM In reply to

I just spent a long phone call with Quickbooks support.  After they told me I had to buy a support package, I found the answer while I was on hold.

http://support.intuit.ca/quickbooks/en-ca/kb/help/general/4617.html

The rep then informed me that because I showed him it was a known issue with Quickbooks they would waive the $90 phone call.  Grrrr...

Anyhow, for anyone else out there having this issue the steps above explain everything nicely, and include the links to download, etc.

Cheers!

• 05-28-2010 3:38 PM In reply to

Thank you very much for providing us that link. We really appreciate it!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)