Method Community

Sales Order Sales Tax Updating

Last post 09-13-2015 11:06 AM by Blake C. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2015 4:40 PM

Sales Order Sales Tax Updating

Recently I noticed that when I save a sales order for customers that are charged sales tax, the sales tax is not calculated/not updated for a moment. But if I refresh the record (by selecting it again in the sales order grid), the tax is once again calculated and showed correctly.

Has Sales Order tax calculation always been an asynchronous operation? I've never seen this behavior on this screen until now and I created this screen more than 2 years ago. This behavior is confusing to my users when they click Save and the screen goes from (example) $14.63 in sales tax to $0 and the total in the sales order grid is reduced. But clicking refresh in the grid and selecting in the grid and re-loading the record after a moment shows the correct tax again.

Did the tax calculation routine implementation change up a bit with the recent infrastructure change perhaps introducing some latency that might not have been there before?

Blake C
  • 09-03-2015 11:07 PM In reply to

Re: Sales Order Sales Tax Updating

Nevermind. I do notice the tax update routine is slower but I guess I'll just do the standard post save queries to update the screen values like order total, tax, subtotal etc. 

Blake C
  • 09-04-2015 9:16 AM In reply to

Weird. The stock Sales Order screen has the same problem. There is definitely a longer delay in the sales tax and order total routine than before. Estimates and Invoices don't seem to have this problem but Sales Orders do. Click 'Save' on the stock Sales Order screen and watch the Sales Tax zero out and the order total amount go down. Wait a moment, then Re-select/re-load the record by selecting it in the grid and the tax and order total will be updated and correct again.

Blake C
  • 09-04-2015 3:39 PM In reply to

Hey Blake,

I'm not experiencing that behaviour on the stock SalesOrder screen. I took a quick little video here:

https://streamable.com/8ott

Please let me know if I am doing any action different than your explanation.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-06-2015 4:25 PM In reply to

Here's my video.

http://sendvid.com/tefuwmig

We do have some differences it seems. I don't know if it matters but it looks like you have some different tax settings ('Out of State' is your default) that you are manually selecting. All my customer records are either Sales Tax or No Tax. 'No Tax' is the vast majority for our customers b/c we mainly work with schools/universities/other non profits.

Blake C
  • 09-09-2015 9:37 AM In reply to

Hey Blake,

Thanks for the video! I'm still having issues replicating the error. I did try to change my TaxCode but still unable to get it to "0" out. I do see how this can be an issue for your SalesReps.

I have created a Support case for you and a member from Support will reach out ASAP. They will be able to further disect the issue over a screen share with you.

For reference: your case# 15634.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-09-2015 9:41 AM In reply to

Thanks. It's just confusion mainly. Technically, sales tax is figured and updated properly...it's just slow for Sales Orders. I addressed it for my team by putting a label with hover text explaining the situation and that it's been reported to Method.

Blake C
  • 09-10-2015 12:17 PM In reply to

By the way, stock Sales Receipt screen has the same problem.

Blake C
  • 09-13-2015 11:06 AM In reply to

I notice now the Sales Order sales tax IS NOT BEING CALCULATED AT ALL.

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)