Method Community

New To Method and I have a couple of questions...

Last post 09-07-2015 10:07 AM by John M. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2015 9:41 PM

• esoare
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-06-2015
    • Posts 1

New To Method and I have a couple of questions...

So I setup for a Trial account (it's a holiday weekend) and I was curious on a couple of things. 

I have Method Classic (Since Method New isn't available). 

There are some video's that talk about mobile integration and clicking "mobile" when loggin in. Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5w5bcYuKo

But when I login to the links, there is NO option to select mobile. I have a Nexus 5 (android) and Nokia Lumia 928 (Windows Phone 8.1). Stuff is small, hard to work with...etc. 

Am I missing something? 

Perhaps Mobile isn't on the trail? 

Perhaps I am using the wrong login page? 

I have a small business with Telecom Service, and Professional Services (programming remotely), and I would love to start using the Method CRM, but I need to get the mobile figured out...

I love the integration with Quickbooks Desktop 2015! 

I LOVE the Google Maps Routing!! Rockin! 

Anyways, 

Thanks for seeing! 

• 09-06-2015 5:04 PM In reply to

Re: New To Method and I have a couple of questions...

I'm not sure about the trial version, but in my experience, making screens in Method 'mobile' isn't very productive. I put a lot of time making custom screens work on the web (to utilize decent resolutions that we use in the desktop world) and making these custom screens 'mobile' just doesn't provide a good experience (I believe there several posts in this forum discussing that e.g. guidelines for how to create mobile Method screens like resolution, max columns in tables, etc). I have made a couple very scaled down, simple mobile screens with very basic functionality but even then my users (employees in our company) just don't use it b/c the touch experience is very non-intuitive if that makes any sense.

Our employees wind up just logging in with their iPads if they are on the road and using the standard Method version and they get along okay that way.

I'm not sure what Method's solution is for mobile going forward. Not sure if they are going with native apps or trying out HTML 5. Either way, it's going to be VERY interesting to say the least as there are many customers like me that have customized Method so extensively that the migration to a new version (with it's new architecture/technology stack) could be 1) difficult 2) painful 3) risky 4) LONG.

Blake C
  • 09-06-2015 10:02 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Hy Blake,

Saw your post while browsing the forum...I am a Method partner.  Method New should be available to you. Mobile is really being done in Method New. In New you can preview how a screen would look on a tablet or phone (way cool).  You will find it looks way different than classic and may cover your concerns. If you are dying to work on this Monday, shoot me an email at Fran@freedupsolutions.com and I will send you a link.  Otherwise,contact Method on Tues.

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 09-07-2015 10:07 AM In reply to

Greetings.

Long time user here as well. Put alot of time in both mobile and desktop screens.  I do know mobile screens in classic can be a pain to program but after learning it i got it to do some pretty great stuff.  I try to keep it as simple as possible.  Things like work orders, time checking and in my case made a special mobile screen for checking irrigation systems. I found if i got to detailed in my screens my workers would not like it because of the small fonts. 

It was my understanding that the new method was suppose to work on all devices.  Because of that we would not need mobile. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)