Method Community

How to delete multiple (or all) documents from shared active documents list

Last post 09-16-2015 10:48 AM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2015 9:31 AM

• Ben
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-18-2014
    • Posts 10

How to delete multiple (or all) documents from shared active documents list

There is currently only one method to delete documents from this list - you have to manually open each document and delete it by clicking "More actions" and "delete document."  

I have over 200 documents that are outdated because of an address change.  I need to delete all of these.  Tech support said that there was a way to do this easily by customizing - creating a loop action...but I am unfamiliar with how to do this.  Please help!

Thanks!

Ben

• 09-16-2015 10:48 AM In reply to

Re: How to delete multiple (or all) documents from shared active documents list

Hey Ben,

You can definitely make the process a lot faster via customization.

> Start by creating a new screen based off the DocumentLibrary table.

> Once in screen designer for that screen, drop a Grid object to the screen. 

> Add Fields to the Grid, 'RecordID', 'Name', 'CreatedDate', and anything else you wanted

The objective in this Grid is using Filters restrict the Grid to only list all the Documents you WANT deleted.

You can accomplish that on Step 3 of 9: Filters.

If all the Documents you wanted deleted fall within a Date Range you can use the CreatedDate Field and add a Filter to it:

Once you are happy with the Grid and it is listing ONLY the Documents you want deleted, the last step is to add a Button object with a click event that will loop through that grid and delete each Document from the Table.

> Add a Button object to the screen, move to Step 2 of 3 we're going to add Actions on a Click event

> Action1: Start Loop Through Grid (Note: since we have the Grid restricted to all the Documents we want deleted you can choose 'All rows.')

> Action2: 'Delete Record From Table' Action.

> Action3: is to close off the Loop by adding a End Loop Through Grid.

That should all the actions involved. It's going to Loop Though the Grid on screen and delete all the Records listed from the DocumentLibrary table.

These Actions are not reversible and are permanent. Please triple check before executing these Actions!

Let me know if you need to elaborate on any of the steps.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)