Method Community

Why is the default currency always CAD? Arrrgg

Last post 09-25-2015 3:49 PM by Roper724. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2015 2:46 PM

Why is the default currency always CAD? Arrrgg

I am a Canadian company using QB Online and I am using a Web-To-Lead form to create a new Lead Contact with every download.

I will be converting leads into contacts once they buy.

Here's my problem.  My Lead's currency defaults to CAD.  In QBO, my default currency is CAD which is a pain for invoicing because I do 99% of my transactions in USD.  I am trying for the life of me to change the behaviour of "new leads" or "new contacts" so that the default currency is USD.

Hopefully there's an easy solution.  If the answer is "Method is tied to the behavior of QBO", then that sucks!  I have no clue who's in the design dept. at QBO because they just assume that Canadian companies will ALWAYS do business in CAD currency.  That simply is not the case and I've mentioned this to them before.

Sorry for digressing.  Anyway, I hope Method has a good answer (aka: solution) for me.  Thanks everyone.

John
  • 09-25-2015 3:13 PM In reply to

Re: Why is the default currency always CAD? Arrrgg

Hey John,

You can change the default currency symbol on your Method account by heading over to:

Does this help in your situation? If not let me know and we can take a further look.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-25-2015 3:49 PM In reply to

Re: Why is the default currency always CAD? Arrrgg

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately, what this setting apparently does is merely display the converted values to USD.

After making this change, I proceeded to my website to fill out a new Web-To-Lead form which in turn created a new Lead in Method.  I then converted the lead to a Customer so that it would then register in QuickBooks Online.  When I switch over QBO and look up the new customer, it show the currency as CAD.

This has been a HUGE complaint of mine with QuickBooks for the last 5 years and I thought with QBO they finally fixed it.  Wrong.

Maybe QBO would lend you guys at Method a better ear on this topic.  It boggles my mind how somebody at Intuit has not realized what a MAJOR BUG this is.  I can't event maintain a list of products and services in QBO in USD.  The only way I can set the default currency for a customer in QBO is if I set it up manually.  Even then, QBO wants to insert Invoice and Estimate products as CAD instead of USD.  

C'mon Method Team!  I know you guys have some type of backdoor, open channel with those guys -- like the Bat Phone!  This needs looking into to!

Thanks for the quick response.  Looks like the problem is not with Method but hopefully you guys can pursuade somebody at Intuit to look into this seriously for once.  

John
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)