Method Community

Duplicate Estimate Button

Last post 09-30-2015 10:03 PM by fran. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2015 2:37 PM

Duplicate Estimate Button

I want to make a button on the Estimates Screen that will duplicate an estimate.

I saw a forum post about reverse engineering the Create Sales Order button. But is there a way to copy the settings from that button and only change what needs to be changed for the estimate to work? if so, what changes would need to be made besides changing the table in the "Insert Records into Table" actions under the Event?

I tried copying the Create sales order event to a new event named Duplicate Estimate. But it won't let me change the table in any of the "Insert Records into Table" actions.

If there is an easier way, please let me know. I would need each step thou. Thanks

• 09-30-2015 5:38 PM In reply to

Re: Duplicate Estimate Button

Answer

Hi Cameron,

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the table once that particular action has been set up (the insert record into table action) so you would need to start from the beginning by selecting the proper table.

In case you’re curious, if we allowed users to change the table it would open the door to many potential errors. Example, the fields that were reference from the original table may not exist in the new desired table, there could also be new required or unique fields to consider. For those reasons, you would have to manually delete all those fields before you could get started so we require users start over with this action in these situations.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 09-30-2015 10:03 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Duplicate Estimate Button

Cameron,

You can duplicate an estimate. but as Val stated you need to add a button with actions to insert records into Estimate Table -  which gets you a new header record and then insert records into Estimat Line table using the Action Result RecordID from the Estimate Table record you just created.   If you would like help, feel free to contact me or any of the other Solution Providers or Method. You will have to pay for your consult but it can get you moving forward into your project.  

Hope that helps.  

Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)