Method Community

Converting an estimate to an opportunity from the estimates screen

Last post 10-08-2015 8:11 AM by Method_Morty. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2015 3:11 PM

Converting an estimate to an opportunity from the estimates screen

For my company, an estimate is the same thing as an opportunity.  I would like to streamline the process by adding a "convert to opportunity" tab on the estimates screen.  I would like for everytime we fill out an estimate, for there to be a tab that allows us to convert that estimate into an opportunity.  The current way you have to go to create the opportunity, then go create the estimate, then link the opportunity on the estimates screen.  I feel it would save a lot of time  if we could just skip creating the opportunity first, and just be able to create the estimate, and at the bottom of th estimate click a button that would convert it to an opportunity.  

• 10-07-2015 10:43 AM In reply to

Re: Converting an estimate to an opportunity from the estimates screen

Hey,

You have a few different routes to take. The prerequisite is you will need to have a Opportunity # saved first to relate to an Estimate. Thus going from Estimate to Opportunity we'll need to do a little bit of reverse engineering:

First start by Saving All Sections Action to save the Estimate.

(1) Using an Insert Records Into Table Action you will need to create a new Opportunity:

*note CloseDate, OpportunityStage, Name Values (you may want to have that different I chose default settings)

(2) Now that you have the new Opportunity we need to Retrieve it's RecordID and assign it to the Estimate (creating the relationship)

- In a Loop Through Table using a Retrieve Value From Table Action you will need to retrieve the last (Max) RecordID:

(3) Lastly you will need to use an Update Field in Table action to input that RecordID to the Estimate record.

Here's an overview of my full Action Set:

This will create the Opportunity and relate it to the Estimate. From here you can choose the workflow (e.g. open EditOpportunity screen in a Pop-Up).

Let me know if you run into any problems or have any further questions.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-08-2015 8:11 AM In reply to

Re: Converting an estimate to an opportunity from the estimates screen

Hey,

Update- as I read over this thread I realized we can skip step (2).

During Step (1) you have an option to assign the Record ID to an Action Result, thus no need to loop the Table to find the Record ID.

-- Mortaza
    Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)