Method Community

Report Designer - Ignore Null Values not Ignoring Null Values

Last post 10-20-2015 1:43 PM by ITfromValor. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2015 9:02 AM

Report Designer - Ignore Null Values not Ignoring Null Values

I calculate an average of a value for a group, but it still takes the 0 into acount. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!

• 10-07-2015 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer - Ignore Null Values not Ignoring Null Values

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-07-2015 2:12 PM In reply to

Thank you for the quick reponse and link. I might be terribly confused, but I think that the article did not change my question. My case is that I have values 1, 0, 0, 0 and want my average to be 1 (we calculate the score from customer feedback and those we cannot reach produce 0 - we still want to have it on the report, but we do not want it to drag our tech's scores down). I have a Summary Function / Average for the group and the checkbox "Ignore Null Values" is checked. But the result of the Average is the same as when the box is unchecked. I would really appreciate your help, thanks!

• 10-07-2015 2:45 PM In reply to

Hey,

Thanks for the follow-up. I believe the issue is Report Designer does not treat the 0's as null values. What needs to be ignored rather is integer: 0.

Here is a couple topics I found with similar questions: (see if they help, if not follow-up and we can take a further look)

Can I ignore 0 values in an average summary?

XRSummary information about Zero ignore

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-20-2015 1:43 PM In reply to

Thank you - I appreciate your help. If I understand it correctly, I cannot get the Summary in the Report Designer to ignore 0, but I can script my own Summary Function. I can do that - it's just that I wanted the Summary to be printed before the details of that section, not after, and I think that you cannot do that with values calculated in a script (which is executed On Print). If you have a way around that I would appreciate your advice, but otherwise I will just change the design of our report which is not that big of a compomise. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)