Method Community

Database Size

Last post 05-03-2011 3:36 PM by Method_Michael. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2010 1:38 PM

Database Size

Is there a limit to the size of a company's method database?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-17-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

Re: Database Size

Answer

Hello LaCrews,

There is no restriction on your QB database size when integrating with Method.

Currently, we do not charge you for storage on Method's server, however in the future you would be allowed 250 MB storage for free and the overage would be charged $0.01 per MB, per day.

To help you track the storage we are looking to implement some sort of measure  that would help you to gauge your storage.  Keep an eye on our blog for any updates on this.

• 01-15-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

Hi,

just following up to see if this is available yet. I am about to start uploading pictures for my customers and I dont want to go over my limit.

Also, do you know if there is a way to point to my server when uploading these pictures? We are running Windows Small Business Server 2008 and I already have these pictures saved on my server. It would be nice to do this so I dont go over my limit through Method.

Thank You

Bryan Hand
    Owner
    Hand Crafted Pool Care, Inc.
  • 01-17-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

Hi handcrafted,

This is definitely on our road-map down the line, but we don't have an anticipated release date. For the time being, we manually let our users know as they approach their database usage limits before charging their account, so you won't have bill-shock.

Regarding uploading files to Method, I will investigate how we can accomplish this and get back to you shortly with a response.

Denis

• 01-18-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

Hi handcrafted,

I have to make a correction to my post above: we do not let users know their data usage at this time, however in the future once we have completed and implemented the "database size indication" feature, you will be able to see your database usage and an indication as to how close you are to reaching your limit, 

Denis

• 05-03-2011 1:44 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

One of our clients is looking forward to this feature. Is there any way we can find out what their method's database size is until this feature is built and released?

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 05-03-2011 3:36 PM In reply to

Hi l.brandow,

I will look into this and get back to you.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)