Method Community

Error message while trying to send out activity follow up

Last post 07-13-2010 11:36 AM by Method_Valbon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2010 10:38 AM

Error message while trying to send out activity follow up

Good morning all....

I am testing out the email in method and am trying to send myself an email.  Unfortunately I am getting an error message:

"Error^Action Sequence:31. Error with user authentication;Server says; 550 Unexpected auth error."

I went into the customize screen entered my email server address, user name and password.  (When I type in my password, it says "Settings applied successfully."  Yet the password is blank without any as-treks or anything.) 

Thanks for your help

Kelly Borg

P.S. Thanks Ryan for the outlook help!

• 07-08-2010 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: Error message while trying to send out activity follow up

Also how do we send a PDF to the email along with the invoice?

• 07-08-2010 1:44 PM In reply to

Hi Kelly,

I need more details on the steps you took when trying to send the email. What screen were you working in? What steps you took? What button you clicked? I’ve included a post below as a reference for default email preferences.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/93/757.aspx#757

When setting up default email preferences you will receive a message if Method successfully applied the new settings, this does not mean we have verified them at that point. It is normal for the password field to remain blank. On a side note, we are working on options to display asterisks instead text in fields. Smile

If you look at the Send Email action you will see an option to include attachments. Let me look into the options for this.

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 07-08-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

Val,

I went into Customer Center; picked the client;went into the activities tab; clicked "go to"; then clicked the "send email" tab; filled in my email address in both the to and from; picked a template and typed in the subject line and body of email; then clicked "complete, save and close".  That is when I received the error message.

Kelly

• 07-13-2010 11:36 AM In reply to

Kelly,

I tried doing this and it worked fine for me. Has anyone in your account been able to successfully send an email from this area? What about your user specifically? This message is suggesting the authentication failed. Did you get a chance to review the link I included in the response above? There is some great tips there.

I promised I'd get back to you on emailing the PDF along with the invoice. If you take a look at the Print Preview button on the Invoice screen you will see the action that generates the Invoice report.

Pay close attention to the action result name. This is the name and location of the PDF that is saved as an Action Result, so that it can be used later as a file attachment in a Send Email action. Use this action result in the Send Email action where it asks for Attachment Location. Cool

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)