Method Community

Problem with items while creating a new bin

Last post 07-16-2010 9:08 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2010 11:21 AM

Problem with items while creating a new bin

Just getting a new account setup. I have everything synced with Quickbooks Pro and that is working ok, invoices, items, customers, etc. all there.

When I create a new Bin in the Warehouse section and click on Item to select one of my items that was imported from Quickbooks I see the following message: "Make sure the field(s) being displayed have not been deleted from the table. If they have please edit this dropdown and remove the fields."

I need to track lot numbers for my products since I manufacturer a nutritional supplement and if there is a contamination I need to be able to trace which customers received that lot number. I'm not clear on exactly how Method accomplishes this. Does it automatically assign this bin (let's say it has 100 items in it) to the next 100 sales orders for that item? Can I then search later for which sales orders had that lot number?

• 07-15-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Problem with items while creating a new bin

Hello,

We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we get some update.

• 07-16-2010 8:51 AM In reply to

Hey Chris,

We have looked into the problem with the bin's screen and everything looks to be working correctly now, please test it out and let us know if you are still unable to use this screen.

As for lot numbers, they are tracked by bin. When you fill out an invoice, you select what bin you would like to ship from. This is how you will know what invoice's had product from that lot.

• 07-16-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Hey Chris,

Sorry I wanted to correct my last post.

When filling out an invoice, you are able to select the location to ship from, this is not the same as a bin. If you do not select a location, Method will automatically pull the invoice items from the default location.

On the default screens, you are not able to select what bin you would like to ship from. With some customization you would be able to work this feature into your screens.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)