Method Community

Customer Tab

Last post 07-21-2010 4:14 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2010 10:16 AM

Customer Tab

I created a custom tab so that our bookkeepers can update their activites for their customers.  The tab links I used are the Customer List and Activity tables.  I am now trying to hide any information where the user name and assigned to are not the same.  My issue is that I cannot find either of these fields so I can write the condition.  Please help...thanks! 

• 07-16-2010 9:00 AM In reply to

Re: Customer Tab

Hey Cindy,

It sounds like you need to add a filter to your activity grid. If you go into the grid wizard, on step 3 you are able to assign filters to the grid. Check that out and you should be able to get what you are looking for. The same will need to be done on your customer list screen.

Check out this webinar, it talks about grids and should help you out.

• 07-21-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

Thanks Ryan.  I did find that option and did that.  My issue is that the filter will still allow the user to see accounts that are not there's.  I'm writing conditional statements for each screen because that seems to be the only way to limit the user to seeing only those accounts assigned to them.  I'm wondering if there is a more universal way to do this other than item by item.

• 07-21-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

Hey Cindy,

If you enter the filter correctly on the grid, you shouldn't need any statements. If you want more help on this I will need you to write out what your filter options are set to. This will help me see if you have a filter setup correctly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)