Method Community

Quickbook functions that must be done in Quickbooks?

Last post 08-20-2010 12:00 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2010 10:42 AM

• Lynn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2010
    • Geric
    • Posts 3

Quickbook functions that must be done in Quickbooks?

Can someone provide me a quick summary list of the actions that must be performed in Quickbooks?  I have a client who is interested in using Method, but wants to know what she won't be able to do remotely. 

Thanks.

• 08-04-2010 3:42 PM In reply to

Re: Quickbook functions that must be done in Quickbooks?

Hi Lynn,

To view all the transactions that can be performed in Method right off the bat you can view the tab links under Customer Center, Vendor Center and Employee Center.

Due to the SDK limitation, here are some transactions you cannot perform in Method:

Bank Reconciliation
    Payroll Processing
    Online Banking
    Shipping (FedEx / UPS) – for now.
    Sales tax payments

Note, a lot of other things are possible to enter in Method, we just don’t have default screens, like ones for creating a new SalesRep. But one could be made very quickly if required. If you are unsure about a specific transaction let us know.

• 08-19-2010 10:57 AM In reply to

What about recording bank deposits?

• 08-19-2010 12:15 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi there,

There is no default screen in Method for deposits. However, you can build a deposit screen. To help you, there are a couple of videos on how to do this from scratch, please see the following blog for more on this: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2009/03/12/how-to-create-a-quickbooks-deposit-screen-from-scratch.aspx

Hope this helps.

• 08-19-2010 4:48 PM In reply to

So actually, since Method cannot access the Undeposited Funds database in QuickBooks, bank deposits cannot be made in Method as they would be in QuickBooks.  I reviewed the videos, but they only address deposits where you specify the accounts on the deposit , rather than selecting customer payments from undeposited funds.  This doesn't really work for most QuickBooks users, so I would suggest that you add "Make Deposits" to the list of things you can do in QuickBooks but not Method, just so everyone is clear on it. 

• 08-20-2010 12:00 PM In reply to

Hi,

I just tested this out and it worked fine for me in Method. You can select 'Undeposited Funds' as the value from the dropdown on the 'Deposit To Account' field. You can test this out by simply creating a screen based off of the deposit table and drag the 'Deposit to Account' field onto the screen. You can also try adding a grid to the screen by following the link to the videos provided earlier and you should be able to see deposits entered in QB as well. Let me know if it works for you.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)