Method Community

Problems displaying currency fields consistently

Last post 01-13-2016 1:50 PM by Method_Audisho. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2016 3:32 PM

• Kupsol
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2015
    • Posts 5

Problems displaying currency fields consistently

Hi,

I created several fields in the customer table of the type "Currency", and really regret it now. I am deep into customizing everything, but the currency fields never display in the browser consistently. Sometimes next to the field "USD" is displayed, sometimes, "$", sometimes nothing. If I add a $ in the field properties, then sometimes "$$" is displayed, and sometimes only "$". Is this a known bug, will it ever be fixed, what can I do besides delete all my currency fields, remake them all as decimal, and remake all the action sets?

I wish your documentation had some warnings about currency bugs, I wish I had used all decimal instead.

• 01-12-2016 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Problems displaying currency fields consistently

Answer

Hi Kupsol,

There are a couple of places where you can set your currency symbol.

1. At the screen level: On the currency field (Step 4 of 5 > Currency Symbol)

2. At the account level: Customize > Display > Other > Default Currency Symbol

The stock Method screens make use of the account level setting and do not set a currency symbol at the screen level. Make sure that you’re not doubling up here, one of these fields should be left blank. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-12-2016 1:01 PM In reply to

• Kupsol
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2015
    • Posts 5

Thanks for your help. I deleted the currency symbol from the account level default currency symbol, but am still having problems. If a field is decimal, and I add the $ in step 4, it shows properly. If the field is currency and I add the $ in step 4, sometimes 2 dollar signs are shown, until the field gets calculated, then it shows one.

• 01-12-2016 1:12 PM In reply to

Hi Kupsol,

Do you use the same currency symbol throughout? If so, why not remove the symbol from the field and use the account level value?

If you can’t use the account level value for some reason, as a work-around, you can remove the currency symbol from the field and simply add a label to the left of it. Just enter the currency symbol into the label instead. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 01-13-2016 1:13 PM In reply to

• Kupsol
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2015
    • Posts 5

It's still not consistent in that the $ is not displayed for some decimal fields even though I selected for it to be displayed in step 4. Some decimal fields are properly displayed. Some are not, they have the same settings. I can't figure out why.

• 01-13-2016 1:50 PM In reply to

Hi Kupsol,

I believe the currency symbol will not be displayed when the screen does not have an active record ID and after a save all sections action is executed. In this case, you will not see the currency symbol on a new record prior to and after creating it.

If this is a problem for you, I would suggest that you use the workaround that I explained above. A label will be static and always display in the same fashion.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)