Method Community

Edit Customer Screen Behavior

Last post 01-19-2016 11:21 AM by Sixtel. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2016 5:47 PM

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Edit Customer Screen Behavior

Hello!

Does anyone know if the edit customer screen does not fully refresh after I save and close it and open up a new customer edit screen?

I am having some trouble with getting things to show/hide based on true and false flags. I actually remade the entire screen that I had already customized and set up a bunch of debugging messages and it's just not making sense to me. The flags and conditionals are set properly, but I am still having fields show that should be hidden and the only thing I can think of is once they are unhidden they don't seem to rehide themselves, which means that the screen is not actually fully reloading it's just changing the data inside the screen.

I could fix that I guess by putting hide statements inside my conditionals that turn my fields on, but it's a lot of extra work that I don't want to go through if it's not going to be the solution, and I am not even sure if that would actually work anyway because I am not sure if it's actually triggering a new instance of onScreenLoad.

Hopefully this question makes sense. It's a kind of complicated issue so i dont know how to best explain it. I can't really attach screen shots becuase I would have to attach like 6 of them to make it make any sense.

Thanks all!

• 01-19-2016 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: Edit Customer Screen Behavior

Answer

Hi Sixtel,

If a screen has already been loaded, changing the screen’s active Record ID will not reset the screen to its original load state. You’ll need to reset the state manually via an action set. You can do this in the OnScreenLoad event, or on the Back / Close buttons of the screen when you navigate away from the record. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-19-2016 11:00 AM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Ok this is what I was suspecting.

I'll have to go into my conditionals and rehide the things that started out hidden, then.

• 01-19-2016 11:03 AM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

While I have you here, is there a way for me to move things around in these action sets that i have not noticed besides clicking the little up and down arrows? That can get real real cumbersome when you have 25 entries and are adding 8 more that need to be up at the top.

• 01-19-2016 11:09 AM In reply to

Hi Sixtel,

The quickest way to move an action is by modifying the action number to the left. This will insert the action into the action order based on the number and move the rest of the actions up or down to accommodate this. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-19-2016 11:21 AM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

That's very very helpful! I had to make some new buttons (like save and save & close etc) on my edit customer screen and now I can actually hook them into the that hidden field that controls when the buttons show up!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)