Method Community

Can we upload items and item taxes without QuickBooks

Last post 01-27-2016 11:30 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2016 11:54 AM

Can we upload items and item taxes without QuickBooks

It turns out we do not use QB for anything other but uploading our new items. Is there a way around that to have items uploaded dirrectly to Method? Would it create problems with assigning taxes to bills?

Thank you.

MM

• 01-20-2016 2:18 PM In reply to

Re: Can we upload items and item taxes without QuickBooks

Hi MM,

You’re certainly free to create items in Method and the ability is available via our stock screens. You can find this by navigating to QuickBooks > Lists > Items. You will however, need to sync to QuickBooks for various other purposes.

One example is that QuickBooks handles the application of payments. Payments are not applied to their respective invoices until both transaction have synced with QuickBooks. As a result, the balance on the invoice is not updated until this occurs.

It’s best practice to leave your sync running as much as possible and to perform a full sync at least once per week. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-27-2016 11:17 AM In reply to

Hi,

thank you for your answer. But that is just it, we handle payments and invoices in other ways (I am not in accounting, so I am not sure how but we do not use QuickBooks) and it seems like we are paying for QuickBooks and do nothing with it. 

So if we stopped using QuikcBooks all together, what other challenges (aside of entering items one by one manually) would we face? We just currently do not see any positives of keeping QB.

Thanks!

• 01-27-2016 11:30 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi ITfromValor,

Method is not an accounting platform. It is a customizable CRM that integrates with the QuickBooks accounting platform. If you avoid doing anything accounting related in Method, then I don't see any reason that you should run into issues should you stop using QuickBooks.

At times however, you may be required to perform a sync for various reason. Due to this, I suggest that you keep a copy of QuickBooks installed somewhere in case a situation comes up where you're required to perform a sync. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)