Method Community

Contact info into Customer table based grid

Last post 02-03-2016 10:04 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2016 4:28 PM

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Contact info into Customer table based grid

I have an interesting (maybe?) situation here.

I have added a lot of fields to my Customer table so I can track additional things. All good there. I have a new grid that I have set up that shows me a certain subset of my customers (in the case, it shows me customers that are marked as a band). Ok all good there too.

Problem is here, I'd like to display the tags on these customers. When I set this up i didn't realize that the stock customer display screen was built on the Contacts table. If I had realized that I probably would have put all these fields into that table instead. I am guessing that however "tags" work, they live in the Contact table and not the Customer table.

What I need to do is get my grid that is based on my Customer table to show the tags, that I think are in the Contacts table (but I'm not sure exactly where that is stored at the moment).

I am guessing I need to run a custom SQL query somewhere that shows me my tags matching on the current customer being displayed. I can probably fumble my way through that but I was figuring (hopeing, really) that someone out there had already done this and I could just copy your work.

thanks!

• 01-28-2016 6:54 PM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Re: Contact info into Customer table based grid

I can publish a solution to this:

tables in custom SQL quieries must be appended with view or viewacc.

view is for tables that exist only in method and viewacc is for tables that came from QB.

See: https://www.method.me/cs/forums/p/5538/21043.aspx

The query i ran was:

SELECT TagList FROM viewContacts WHERE viewContacts.EntityRecordID = viewaccCustomer.RecordID

I am not saying it's the only solution, or the best solution, but this solved my problem if anyone else has a similar problem.

• 02-03-2016 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Contact info into Customer table based grid

Hello Sixtel,

Thanks for sharing the solution. We really appreciate your input. I am glad that you were able to find the solution in the old thread.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)