Method Community

Customize existing template with report designer

Last post 02-09-2016 12:59 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2016 10:17 AM

Customize existing template with report designer

Hey, I'm wondering how I can open the out of box estimates template in the report designer. I go to customer > Estimates > customize templates with the report designer, but the template doesn't open in the report designer. So my question is: How can I open the out of box estimates template in the report designer? 

Customize Templates with the Report Designer.

• 02-09-2016 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Customize existing template with report designer

Hey Matt2189,

The path you mentioned above just open the report designer and let you choose which template you want to edit. The best practise is to create a copy of the stock template in case you want to make some changes and in case you don't like what you customize you can always go back to the stock template.

For Estimates, there are different version of templates which are available in your account i.e Simple Estimate and Estimate (Custom).

You can also check these templates under Customers -> Estimates -> More Actions -> Customize Print templates -> Click on the drop down for Estimates to see the complete list. Once you add new templates through report designer, you can always change it from Customize Print templates.

I hope that helps!

-Inder

• 02-09-2016 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: Customize existing template with report designer

A quick note: You can also find more about report designer here on our Helpcenter. We also have amazing articles and video tutorials on various features available in Method.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)