Method Community

Job Packages

Last post 03-06-2016 8:21 PM by Method_Adam. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2016 3:05 PM

Job Packages

I was wondering if someone could guide me through the custimization process of creating job packages. 

I think a button that could insert the different job names would work but I am new to this. 

I am attempting to quickly schedule a fertilzation package with the same date range, and same job names for a six "step" lawn program. 

TIA!

• 02-24-2016 10:23 AM In reply to

Re: Job Packages

Hello,

Have you taken a look at our 'Copy Work Order(s)' screen? It maybe able to help you achieve this out of the box.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 02-24-2016 11:17 AM In reply to

I did and it doesn't copy the old job names. 

It also creates a break in our workflow to have to copy an old work order for a new customer,aswe move from oppurtunity to agreement to close work order and production of the work ordered services. 

I'm getting close to a pretty seamless work flow with a few redundancies built in so the things we missed in the past don't. 

What might work is possibly adding a button that can populate in the 6 different job names into the date generator or?Hmm

Thanks!

• 02-24-2016 3:57 PM In reply to

I can definitely help you stitch this one together.

Just so we're both on the same page. You have a 6 step lawn program. For each step by a click of a button you want to insert both the Job Names & Recurring Dates automatically. Does that sound about right? Please don't hesitate correcting me here.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-25-2016 9:26 AM In reply to

You are pretty spot on but I don't want to waste your time so I'll take a little extra of mine to make sure I am explaing it correctly.

We provide a Lawn Care Service. Our Lawn Care Service Consists of 6 visit one every 6-8 weeks

Each "step" or visit has a different service that is provided each visit but they are the same 6 services for each client/customer.

I would like to be able to click a button and insert the different services into the job name, so that when we print the work orders or look them up we know  exactly what we need to do and what "service type" or "job name" has been done and what is upcoming without extrenal record keeping. 

Adding the recurring dates in would be icing on the cake. 

Hopefully I have made it super clear just so you don't waste your time. Pleasfeel free to ask any questions. 

I appreciate your time!

P.S. I'm super exicited about the new method. I have looked at over 20 diffeent CRM's for our business and your is by far the best on the market today!

• 02-25-2016 12:10 PM In reply to

Hey,

We appreciate the kind words!

There’s a few different ways to achieve this. The route with the least overhead is to add a RadioBox object to the FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder screen. When choosing the Step in the RadioBox it populates the screen accordingly.

For this setup:
    - Add a RadioBox
    - In the RadioBox add the 6 steps to choose from
    - Now in the RadioBox you will be working with “Selection Change” conditional statements actions.

For example:
    Start Conditional Statement:
    Value From Screen (RadioBox) = Step One
       Enter Value into Field On Screen - Field 'Job Name': “Step One”
    End Conditional Statement

- Within this Conditional Statement block you will be adding all your “Enter Value into Field On Screen” actions to update the fields according to the chosen step.

To summarize the flow:

You choose a Step in the RadioBox > Fill up values on screen according to the chosen step in RadioBox.

If you would rather work with Buttons on the Work Order List screen, we can set that up as well. This route will utilize SharedResults.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-26-2016 2:22 PM In reply to

• FredH
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2015
    • Posts 6

I some how logged into the wrong account I hope I don't confuse you. 

Is there a way to have all 6 insert at the same time.

"step one"

"step two"

"step three"

Click a button or ues a button to insert all three into the jobs name list at the same time?

Maybe I am missing something. Thanks!

• 02-29-2016 5:35 PM In reply to

• FredH
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2015
    • Posts 6

BUMP

• 03-06-2016 8:21 PM In reply to

Hi Fred,

I'll take this over for Mortaza and apologies for the late reply.

This is certainly acheivable, and there's a few ways I'm thinking of, though none are simple customizations. Instead of using the recurrence object to create your other work order occurrences, I'd suggest simply using a button to insert your occurrences (or doing this on the save button). When you select the customer when creating the work order, the recordID is created. You can use this recordID to create your occurrences. There is a field on the Activity table called RecurrenceRecordID and this field is used to attach occurrences to an activity series.

What I'm thinking is that you can loop through the job items grid and create an occurrence of the series work order for each step in your lawn care. You would need to both insert into the actiivty table (for the work order occurrence), and the ActivityJobItems table (for the step in the lawn care package). You can use the fields on screen to fill in the appropriate table fields.

This certainly isn't an easy customization, so if you need clarification on anything let me know. If you're quite stuck, perhaps look into getting some help with our consulting team by speaking to your account manager. They might be able to get you over the hump with a customization project like this.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)