Method Community

Report Page Sizing

Last post 03-10-2016 5:32 AM by Rick. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2016 6:47 AM

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Report Page Sizing

Hi

I am trying to produce a report of despatch notes for the warehouse to pick and despatch orders.  I would like a simple report showing customer, address, items and quantity, ideally displayed on an a5 page.

I am trying to format the report so i neatly displays one item per a5 page (though I will settle on doing this for a4). What I find is that I can tweak the size of each of the section on the report to make it fit a page, then on the next order if there are more line items the report now spans more than one page.

Please can someone point me in the right direction on how to control this?

Thanks
    Rick 

• 03-05-2016 10:12 PM In reply to

Re: Report Page Sizing

Greetings.

I dont work for Method but let me see if I can help you.  You want all the customer information and one item on a page if i understand you correctly.  You have two choices.  Choice #1 One report with the customer displaying once and all the many items on one page OR Choice #2 you can have the customer information and one item on one page so if you have three items you wiill have the customer printing out one each page three times and the one item for each page.  

What one do you want?

Thanks, John M

• 03-06-2016 4:01 PM In reply to

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Hi John

Thanks for the message.

Choice #1 I think.  On each page I will have the customer name, shipping address, then a list showing the order e.g.  

2 apples

4 strawberries

Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Rick 

• 03-10-2016 5:32 AM In reply to

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Answer

After a bit of jiggery pokery I have worked this out.

Change the Page Break behaviour setting on the first Detail section of the report to: Before The Band.

This ensure only one band and band detail per page.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)