Method Community

Duplicated customers in Method, but not in QB

Last post 03-14-2016 11:16 AM by debbullocksmith. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2016 2:10 PM

Duplicated customers in Method, but not in QB

We've recently noticed that some customers are duplicated in Method, but not in QB.  Method seems to be showing 2 instances of the same customer (i.e. there's exactly the same address, contacts, activities, transactions, etc.); when I make a change to one, it is also reflected in the other.  We haven't yet been able to determine what the duplicated customers have in common, but it's not new activities or new transactions.  Any ideas on what the issue could be?

As was recommended in another post, we have cleared all conflicts, and that didn't help.  

• 03-13-2016 8:28 PM In reply to

Re: Duplicated customers in Method, but not in QB

Hi Debbullocksmith,

Are you sure they are duplicate customers or are they duplicate contacts? Do they both have the 'Contact' value in the first column as below? Do they have the same recordID?  If so, feel free to email me the account name and I can have a look for you. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-14-2016 9:56 AM In reply to

Thanks so much for your response, Adam.  

They have the same Entity Record IDs, but one is a contact and one is an alt contact, so I guess they're different.  (We modfied the contacts list so it's not easy to identify that difference).  

Thanks for helping me to understand! (I also added the special type field back into the table so it's clearer in the future.)

Thanks again - 

Deb

• 03-14-2016 10:42 AM In reply to

Since I posted this, I've been trying to add the SpecialType to the CustomerList.  Every time I do it "breaks" the Go To link so that clicking on Go To only goes to a blank customer screen.

It appears that the issue is in the Go To link Actions....when I made a copy of the previous CustomerList, it added HTML code in the dropdown where you choose the field (here's a screenshot:  http://screencast.com/t/0jHTLENET).  Even when I select the correct field in this box, the go to link still opens a blank Customer Screen.  I've gone back a version in the CustomerList and made a copy of that screen, and the same thing happens--so frustrating!  Can you help with this?

Thanks -

Deb

• 03-14-2016 11:16 AM In reply to

It seems to be copying the screen that adds the HTML code.....even when I select a version of the screen that has a working go to link, when I go to edit that screen, it has the HTML in the go to actions.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)