Method Community

MethodAPIInsertV2 login validation errors.

Last post 06-27-2016 3:57 PM by Method_Audisho. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2016 12:11 PM

MethodAPIInsertV2 login validation errors.

I have a loop running MethodAPIInsertV2 for each of my items and some will return with a 

Failure. The API could not validate your log in.

Some items will work but all the credentials are the same, what can be causing this issue?

• 03-31-2016 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: MethodAPIInsertV2 login validation errors.

Hi wayneteng,

How ofter are you receving these errors?  Looking at my logs, I can only see one instance where this occurred on March 29th, and it appears that a blank user name was supplied.  If you have received this error at other times, can you please let me know and I will investigate further. 

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 03-31-2016 6:05 PM In reply to

Had a lot of issues with it this morning. I can recall seeing that message at about 10 times on different line itemsthough all would have a successfull line item in the same call.

• 04-04-2016 8:16 AM In reply to

I see several errors on the 31st related to deadlocked transactions (meaning there may have been competing actions occuring on the same record) - This isn't related to authentication errors, but these are the only errors I can see related to the Insert action.

If you are still having these errors today, would you be able to provide me with a high level walk through of how your code is executing (e.g. which calls you are making in which order) ... I might be able to identify something that is causing these problems.  

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 06-20-2016 10:35 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Jonathan,

I am getting the same error on the InserV2 call also. Other calls seem to be working fine. The weird thing is on some of the tries I get an error that required fields are missing. If it is determining that required fields are missing hasn't it already passed validation of the credentials? I can send you the account info off line if that would be helpful.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 06-20-2016 1:23 PM In reply to

Hi Matt,

Please go ahead and email me the account information so that I can check our logs for any errors. It would also help if you can provide me with a timeframe to search within.

Regarding the missing field errors; I believe the API will check for missing fields prior to validating your credentials. At least that's what I'm seeing on my end when I test this out.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
  • 06-20-2016 4:06 PM In reply to

Hi Matt,

As discussed via email, I'm seeing some errors on our end regarding these API calls. It appears that the API is having trouble looking up the user that you're making these calls with. I've created and raised a ticket to investigate this issue. I'll keep you posted on the status via this forum thread and should have an update for you shortly.

In the mean time, you can try creating another user on the account to make these API calls with. If you end up going this route, please follow up with me and let me know the result.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 06-27-2016 8:57 AM In reply to

Hi Matt,

It appears as though the logic that was causing this error was actually changed during our deployment last Wednesday. Can you try again and let me know if this is still an issue?

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 06-27-2016 12:34 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Hi Audisho,

When I first tried it this morning I was still getting the same error. Then I happened to notice that I was not passing a correct value to the Contact field (Inserting an opportunity) and then it worked fine. I didn't do any more testing on it to troubleshoot since I got it working for myself, but you may want to test that out. Based on what I saw this morning it looks like it never was a validation issue, but rather a missing/improper value.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 06-27-2016 3:57 PM In reply to

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. Using this information, I was able to replicate the error on my end as well. It appears that if you pass a string for the Contacts field, the API runs into an error since it's expecting an integer for the RecordID. This error isn't being handled correctly however, and we're sending the wrong information to the user regarding what went wrong.

I'll update the ticket so that we can address this issue and post back once it has been resolved. In the mean time, if you come across this error again, just make sure you're passing the correct data type for the field.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)