Method Community

Adding an activitiy...

Last post 09-23-2008 4:59 PM by Anonymous. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2008 3:47 PM

Adding an activitiy...

Ron asked:

Danny,

After creating an activity, I clicked the >>Go to.. link which would open a window (Add/Edit Activity) window but it was blank. I’m not sure if this is what is intended.

Additionally, what is the method in order to send an email from within the Activity screen? Can I send invoices by email as well? Is there more info on how to send from within Method, because I must have overlooked this…Thanks!

Ron Soukup

Hi Ron,

It sounds to me like you are looking at the 'Activities' located under the Customer Center.  The 'Activities' under the Customer Center as a summary of acitivites that have happened with this customer from the Sales Center.  Therefore, in order to have an activity appear under this tab, you must first enter it under the Sales Center and click Activities.  

For your second question, the "Send an Email" option is already setup for you in the Activities area of the Sales Center.  It you wanted to send an invoice, you would probably want to do this in your invoice screen, depending on how you want to set things up. 

In terms of documentation, we will be releasing the first version of the CRM Edition documentation this week.  Over the next couple of weeks, look out for documentation on the Actions and Objects.  This will be sure to help you in building soultions using Method.

I hope this helps!

• 09-19-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

Actually I was in the Sales Center Dashboard and clicked on My Activities.  I then clicked the Go to..  for the listed activity which popped up the Add/ Edit Activity window. That was the blank window I was referring to.

• 09-19-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

Hi Ron,

I just tried accessing an existing activity via the My Activities section of the Sales Center Dashboard by clicking Go To next to an existing activity.  I also got a blank screen for a few moments, but then a few moments later, the appropriate activity appeared within the blank window.  It just took a bit longer for this page to load for me.  We’re going to look into this to see if we can eliminate the drag time there.

Let me know if this works for you, too!  Smile

• 09-23-2008 9:28 AM In reply to

How long is an "acceptable" time to wait? I waited for 10 minutes and still nothing...Indifferent

The Activity is listed as an Incomplete Activity with a type of Email sent and status In Progress, is there any other helpful information I may be able to supply to you assist you in resolving this?

• 09-23-2008 10:51 AM In reply to

Hi Ron,

No, 10 minutes is certainly not an acceptable time to wait.  In my tests, it took approx. 15 seconds to load the screen today. 

So, let's see if we can diagnose what's going on here...  First, have you made any changes to any of the screens?  If so, which ones?  Second, we'll need to see if the New Activity screen loads when you view it on its own.  To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Customize.
    2. Click Screens.
    3. Click View next to the New Activity screen.
    4. See if the New Activity screen pulls up and if it does, how long does it take?

Let me know what happens and we'll take it from there.

• 09-23-2008 4:19 PM In reply to

Ron, here's one other thing for you to check... actually, I'd start here before referring to my previous post. 

You may not have a value selected in the Calendar-Recurrence object on the New Activity screen.

Try this and see if this works first:

1. Go to Customize > Screens.
    2. Select the New Activity screen.
    3. Find the Calendar-Reoccurence object and click its Edit link.
    4. For Resources, set the value to AssignedTo.
    5. Click Finish.
    6. Click Publish.

This should now allow you to pull up the appropriate activity from the Sales Center Dashboard.  Again, let me know if this works for you!

• 09-23-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

That's seems to have remedied the situation. And it was very slow the first time it loaded.

I checked both the Sales Center and the Call Center and was bale to access the info throught he Go to... link. But, when I clicked the same link within the Customer List in the Transactions/Activities tab a popup window appeared saying >>Enter actions for this row in the designer.

I suppose I need to edit that screen now...

• 09-23-2008 4:59 PM In reply to

Yes, if you are getting that pop-up that means the same thing is occurring in the other screen.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)