Method Community

TimeTracking - Is it a table in Quickbooks or a View?

Last post 04-25-2016 4:27 PM by Method_Jonathan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2016 2:32 PM

• EndiGrow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-15-2016
    • Acworth, GA
    • Posts 3

TimeTracking - Is it a table in Quickbooks or a View?

When we import time records from our tracking utility into Quickbooks, the data shows up in QB for a time until it gets approved and then it is no longer visible via the TimeTracking "table".

I am using the API to import data into a MySQL database. I delete and rebuild the MySQL TimeTracking table during each import.

Now I find the data that was in TimeTracking last month is not there this month.

Where can I find all the data that was visible via TimeRecords in the actual Quickbooks tables?

Damon Endicott
    CIO for the Entrepreneur
  • 04-25-2016 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: TimeTracking - Is it a table in Quickbooks or a View?

EndiGrow,

Time tracking records are stored within the TimeTracking table in Method.  For QBD, Method retains a specific number of days of transactional history (this is to limit the size of your database).  By default, Method only retains the past 31 days of transactions, after which, the transactions are removed from Method (though they will stay in QuickBooks).  

If you increase the number of days of transactional history to keep within Method and perform a full sync, you'll find that your transactions from prior months will become visible.  

The 'Transactional History' setting can be found via the QuickBooks Tab -> Synchronize Tab Link.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this,

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)