Method Community

Getting started with MER Beta.....a must read....

Last post 08-20-2010 1:43 PM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2010 1:43 PM

Computer [co] Getting started with MER Beta.....a must read....

To get you started on the right foot with the beta, here are the steps you should take.  Note that I’ll be calling “Method Expense Reports” short form “MER” throughout my post. 

Subscribe to the MER Beta Forum

Subscribing to this forum group is key element of participating in the beta.  If anyone posts any updates or questions during the beta, including myself, you are informed about it.  For example, if I post an update to a known bug fix, etc.  To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the forum group:
      http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/20.aspx
    2. Click Forum Subscriptions.

3. Scroll down to the bottom and find “Method Expense Reports Beta” and click Yes under the “Subscribe” column.

Install MER Beta into your Method account
    Feel free to install MER in any of your Method accounts.  Keep in mind that this is a closed beta for only MSP’s so do not install this on clients accounts until a public release.  To install, follow the steps below:
    1. Login to your Method account.
    2. Click Customize.
    3. Click My Account.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and in the “Invite Code” type in ExpenseNForget2010
    5. Click Apply.
    6. MER will now appear in the list of apps to install.  Click add this app now!
    7. There will be a total of 4 roles that MER will install in your Method account.   Click add this app now!

The names or the roles appear on the left side of the screen.  On the right side of the screen, each dropdown list will indicate if the role needs to be created as a new role or if a matching name already exists.  If a role with the matching name does not exist, please be sure to allow MER to create the new roles or the app will not work in certain areas.

This app looks to see if certain users have roles assigned with these names in order to show certain options.   If you change the names of roles, it is not going to show those options since the roles are case sensitive.  Just keep that in mind. Big Smile
    8. The last thing you will want to do is assign the appropriate roles to the users using Method. 

Watch the getting started video
    I've recorded a video that walks through key things you’ll want to setup before getting started with MER.  It is meant to get you started pretty quickly.  Over the next few weeks, I’ll be working on a series.

http://www.methodintegration.com/downloads/MethodExpenseReportApp.wmv

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)