Method Community

Clearing items from ountingConflicts / QB Sync Error table via API

Last post 05-05-2016 11:27 AM by Method_Audisho. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2016 8:19 AM

Clearing items from ountingConflicts / QB Sync Error table via API

We are archiving certain transactions older than a year, and we get over a hundred "DeleteFromDesktop" errors per day for transactions that are in the process of being archived. The current procedure is to clear all of the false-positives, but wondering if there is a way to do this programmatically. 

• 05-05-2016 8:38 AM In reply to

Re: Clearing items from ountingConflicts / QB Sync Error table via API

Answer

Hi furrywombat,

The ountingConflicts (AccountingConflicts) table does not support modifications via the API, so this is not possible. In my experience, any DeleteFromDesktop conflicts resulting from transactions being archived are cleared up on their own once a full sync has completed. If this is not the case, I suggest getting in touch with our support team so that they can investigate. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-05-2016 9:41 AM In reply to

Well, it's just kind of a pain to have to sort out the DeleteFromDesktop conflicts from actual conflicts requiring attention. Would be nice if we could do a Clear All on a filtered list or checkbox selection, rather than having to click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click. I'm sure it's not a priority for Method, just wanted to throw it out there.

• 05-05-2016 9:50 AM In reply to

furrywombat:

Would be nice if we could do a Clear All on a filtered list or checkbox selection, rather than having to click, click, [...]

This is already a feature on the Method New sync conflicts screen. You might want to try resolving these conflicts from there instead.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-05-2016 10:01 AM In reply to

Thanks, Audisho. Quick question regarding Method New -- have you implemented custom SQL fields yet?

• 05-05-2016 10:09 AM In reply to

Hi furrywombat,

Unfortunately, not yet. You can use the expression builder for more basic things like showing multiple fields in a single column or basic math calculations, but it's certainly not as flexible as the SQL override feature in classic.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-05-2016 10:14 AM In reply to

Audisho, the only thing that's preventing us from making that move is the lack of SQL override. And we've been itching to make the move. I'm sure we are not alone in this... are you guys going to be souping it up a bit? Is that why it's taking so long?

• 05-05-2016 11:27 AM In reply to

Hi furrywombat,

This is something we plan to look at in the future, but as I understand, it's a very large task. As such, I can't yet give you a timeline for when this will be available or what it will look like when it is. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)