Method Community

Use vb.net in SSIS to call the API and output file to XML for import into SQL.

Last post 05-20-2016 8:37 AM by dfreye. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2016 1:53 PM

• dfreye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2014
    • Posts 6

Use vb.net in SSIS to call the API and output file to XML for import into SQL.

Help I need a good tutorial. I have looked at the samples and copied in some of the code to my vb.net and have been trying to make sense of it all but its hurting my head. I am not an expert in either vb.net or SSIS but I know enough to get around and make things work. (google helps bunches) It just seems like I'm stuck in not just knowing the code which I can follow, but its more or less the environment causing my issues. I think I've gotten past some issues but others have eluded me. Does someone have a some working vb code that I can throw in, change up all the fields and can also explain what changes I need to make to the environment to make it work? Mi casa es su casa..

Thanks

• 05-19-2016 2:19 PM In reply to

Re: Use vb.net in SSIS to call the API and output file to XML for import into SQL.

Hi dfreye,

I'm sorry to hear that you've having some difficulty with this. Can you provide further detail on what it is you're trying to accomplish as well as some insight into where you're getting stuck. Maybe myself or someone else can either point out what you're doing wrong or provide a different solution.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-19-2016 2:55 PM In reply to

• dfreye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2014
    • Posts 6

Re: Use vb.net in SSIS to call the API and output file to XML for import into SQL.

I think I may have been going aboiut this all wrong. So now I've switched to using the Web Service Task in my project and directed it to the service.wsdl which gives me my list of apis. I have chosen the MethodAPISelect_XML and it gave me all the names and values I was expecting except for xmlReturnedDataSet. What do I need to put in here to get my xml output?

Thanks

• 05-20-2016 8:37 AM In reply to

• dfreye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-01-2014
    • Posts 6

Answer

Okay I have this working. I switched to using the MethodAPISelect_XMLV2 and that option was gone. I got my my XML format. it just needs to be cleaned up a bit since its not exactly XML, its HTML formatted to be xml. But for the ease in which I set up the Web Service Task, I'll take what I can get. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)