Method Community

Insertion with api

Last post 07-31-2017 3:41 PM by Method_Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2016 8:22 PM

Insertion with api

hi all
    i insert a data using MethodAPIInsertV2 http post..

the data table is contacts. its goes in contact but shared contacts.. i want it in my All contacts.
    and when i click on the record in contacts.  the method app gives error

error is
    please try again if the problem is persists sign out sign in and try again..
    i did that too. but nothing different happened. 

umimeher
    webmaster
    Freelancer, Webdev
  • 07-05-2016 12:18 PM In reply to

Re: Insertion with api

Answer

Hi umimeher,

Sorry for the late response. The "Shared Customer Contacts" option is simply a filter view for the contacts grid. This option will show all contacts that you have permission to view. The stock screen does not contain an "All Contacts" filter. My guess is that this is a custom filter view that was not setup correctly on your screen.

I believe the reason that you are receiving the error "please try again if the problem is persists sign out sign in and try again..", is that you did not link the contact to an Entity. You must supply an Entity when creating a contact for this to work correctly. If the Entity does not yet exist, you can create it by using the MethodAPIInsertV2 endpoint for the Entity table or one of its views (Customer, Vendor, Employee or OtherName).

I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-31-2017 9:09 AM In reply to

Hello,

Is it possible for you to paste the postman code for Opportunity creation (so that it can be imported via its import tool "paste raw text")?

• 07-31-2017 3:41 PM In reply to

Peter Dyer
    Product Manager - Method
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)