Method Community

Method API for Contact Us Form

Last post 08-30-2016 8:58 AM by Method_Audisho. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2016 12:54 PM

Method API for Contact Us Form

Hi there,

We are interested to use a Custom Form for the Method API. We are able to insert the contact information into the Customer Table but for the Acitvity table and Opportunity Table it is throwing error.

getting the the following response when I am trying to insert into the Opportunity and Activity table...

string(568) "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Test Name could not be found as a possible value to insert. Please check the spelling." ></MethodAPI>"

What will be the relation between these three table and how can we maintain these in the API call.

Experts, please help.

Thanks

-Hasan.

• 08-09-2016 1:11 PM In reply to

Re: Method API for Contact Us Form

Hi Hasan,

Welcome to the Method forum!

I think I have an idea of what you may be doing incorrectly. Activities and opportunities are linked to contacts (located in the Contacts table) and not directly to customers (located in the Entity table or Customer view). When you create a customer, a contact record is created automatically for you in the Contacts table. You need to locate this record and link the activity or opportunity to it instead of the customer record.

The customer to contact relationship is one to many. This allows you to have an unlimited number of contacts for each of your customers.

I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 08-10-2016 1:33 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Thanks for your replay. Thing is, currently I am inserting the lead into Customer table and a contact is created in the Contacts table as well. Then wchich point I am missing.

Would u please make it more clear and specific so that I can fix it in a short time.

Currently I am trying to follow the following link instruction::
    http://imtheirwebguy.com/cforms-to-methodcrm-getting-dirty-with-soap/

Thanks
    -Hasan 

• 08-10-2016 9:16 AM In reply to

Hi Hasan,

The first step would be to check that "Test Name" exists as a value in the Name field of your Contacts table.

It could also be that there is another error somewhere in your code. Can you post the payload that you're sending in order for me to check?

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 08-17-2016 1:18 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Thanks for your resoponses.

I have successfully inserted into Customer Table but when I am trying to inserinto Customer Tablwith 2 Activities and 1 Oppertunity it is creating 1 duplicate Activities and 1 duplicate Oppertunity. 

What can be the possible reason. Is there any setting in the method dashboard or my code is creating the duplicates.? I have checked my code several times but I cant find any reason for the duplicate entry.

Please suggest.

Thanks
    -Hasan 

• 08-17-2016 4:16 PM In reply to

Hi Hasan,

I can't reproduce this issue. I would suggest testing a single API call, such as inserting an activity using a tool like Postman. If you receive a duplicate when doing this, then we may need to investigate further. If not, then I can only suggest that you re-inspect your code. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 08-24-2016 9:30 PM In reply to

I am also getting a duplicate opportunity when entering. Any ideas?

• 08-25-2016 7:56 AM In reply to

Hi GroGreen,

I checked our logs and found that you seem to be encountering a large number of the following error.

Save Warning: The Customer/Employee/Vendor/OtherName could not be sent to QuickBooks. This Name is already in use. Please edit the Name so that it is unique and save again.

It could be that your code is attempting to do everything twice, but isn't setup to handle errors correctly. Therefore, even after failing to insert the entity, it still inserts the opportunity and activity creating a duplicate for the existing entity.

Hasan - I'm happy to check our logs for you as well. I'll just need your company account name in order to do so. Feel free to shoot me an email with this.

I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 08-25-2016 10:51 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

I'm still getting duplicates and have gone over the code. Am I able to PM or email you my code to see if you can pick out a problem?

Thank you.

• 08-30-2016 8:58 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi GroGreen,

I reviewed the code snippet that you emailed to me, but unfortunately, I don't have enough familiarity with PHP and curl to confirm whether or not something here is causing duplicates. For good measure, I went ahead and added another new opportunity and another new activity to my own account using Postman. In both cases, no duplicate was created. This once again leads me to believe the issue is occurring on your end and is not a bug in our API.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)