Method Community

Method:crm integration with gps tracking app

Last post 09-19-2016 10:00 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2016 2:50 PM

Method:crm integration with gps tracking app

We are a field service companyWe currently use comet (actsoft) as our GPS tracking app.  I would like the start and stop times to automatically go to method (for that particular W.O.) for billing and  for payroll. Does anyone have any suggestions of a package that will do this or can customized intergration be done. If so on what platform?

We currently upload times from an excel sheet to method but would be perfect to have an app integrated to method in order to do it automatically. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Gaby

• 09-19-2016 9:27 AM In reply to

Re: Method:crm integration with gps tracking app

Answer

Hi Gaby,

Method does not integrate with Comet Tracker or vies-versa. Method and Comet Tracker do both have an API that you can use to create your own integration. You or any developer could build a small application who's job is to retrieve start and stop times from Comet Tracker and send them to the corresponding work order in Method. You can get started by reviewing Method's API documentation as well as Comet Tracker's API documentation.

I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 09-19-2016 9:48 AM In reply to

Hi!

Thanks for the response, it helps.  I will do that. :)

Just to make sure there isn't any GPS Tracking App that integrates with Method, right? without using API.

Gaby

• 09-19-2016 10:00 AM In reply to

Hi Gaby,

Unfortunately, we do not integrate with any other GPS tracking applications either.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)