Method Community

Conflict: Mfg Part Number Invalid Item Type

Last post 11-15-2016 3:15 PM by Blake C. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2016 3:06 PM

Conflict: Mfg Part Number Invalid Item Type

Sync Conflict. What does this mean? 

"The error was: There was an error when modifying a SalesOrder. QuickBooks error message: Manufacturer's Part Number was set for an invalid Item type.."

None of the items on the Sales Order have a Mfg Part Number set.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this

Blake C
  • 11-08-2016 10:31 AM In reply to

Re: Conflict: Mfg Part Number Invalid Item Type

Any thoughts on this sync conflict? Approach to troubleshooting?

Blake C
  • 11-13-2016 1:23 PM In reply to

Greetings,

Checked for conflicts? 

John M

• 11-13-2016 1:59 PM In reply to

Yes. The problem I'm reporting is a sync conflict with the subject message. I don't see any item conflicts nor do I see any other conflicts prior to this one that would indicate any issues with items. I don't know where to look for further troubleshooting 

Blake C
  • 11-13-2016 5:08 PM In reply to

a few weeks back qbo had sync issues. Disconnected it then reconnected it. It was not sync parts of invoices. 

• 11-13-2016 5:12 PM In reply to

This is just a Sales Order. 

Blake C
  • 11-13-2016 5:20 PM In reply to

custom or stock screen.

• 11-13-2016 5:21 PM In reply to

custom

Blake C
  • 11-13-2016 5:33 PM In reply to

i have created alot of custom screens for my business. Then once in a great while a screen will not work for no reason what so ever. 

I would start at the button your pressing then look for anything that saves data to the table.  

• 11-15-2016 2:44 PM In reply to

This doesn't make any sense. All the items on the sales order have empty Mfg Part Numbers so I don't understand what the problem is here. I need to invoice this order but can't b/c of this sync error

Blake C
  • 11-15-2016 3:15 PM In reply to

Answer

FIXED: For whatever reason QB had a diff. line item on the SO from Method. They happened to be diff item types. I have no idea how that would happen but it hosed me for a week on this particular issue.

To fix all this. I had to refetch from QB. At that point, the subject conflict cleared out replaced by a different conflict complaining about the order of the line items and i noticed one of the line items got moved to the bottom of the grid. WTH. So I deleted that and re-added the line item as needed and it stayed straight. I hate data conflicts like this. It's why I really really don't like straight up data syncing like this. Errors pop up in very weird, illogical ways with very little in the way of a trail/history to troubleshoot and fix things. FFS

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)