Method Community

Cannot reset the machine name for "Computer to Sync with" in the Syncronization Preferences

Last post 10-14-2010 2:05 PM by Gregory. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2010 12:19 PM

Cannot reset the machine name for "Computer to Sync with" in the Syncronization Preferences

I inadvertently hit the Reset button, presuming I would get a chance to change the computer name if I wished.  Instead, it removed the computer name with the message "This account has no computer assigned", and I don't see any way now to restore the original computer name in this field.  How would I do that?

• 10-14-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot reset the machine name for "Computer to Sync with" in the Syncronization Preferences

Hey Gregory,

Go to the computer you want to act as the main syncing computer and log into Method. Once you login, go to the QB tab in Method and click Reset again beside "Computer to sync with". Once that is empty(or if it was still empty), Open QB and allow it to sync. Once the sync is complete, run a full sync.

This should update the "Computer to sync with" section with the name of computer you are on.
    If you want complete instructions on how to switch what computer to sync with, please check out the link below.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/282/811.aspx#811

• 10-14-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot reset the machine name for "Computer to Sync with" in the Syncronization Preferences

Gregory - I'm a certified Method consultant and Solution Provider and provide method support and customization services.  To answer your question, the computer assigned will be filled in when you do your next sync from that computer.  Go to that computer that you'd like Method to sync with and run the syncronization.  Once the syncronization is complete, the computer name will again show up on your QuickBooks tab within Method.

Selwyn van Rooyen, Wyn Solutions, Inc.
    www.wynsolutions.com
    804-612-6100

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 10-14-2010 2:05 PM In reply to

Yes, that solved it.  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)