Method Community

Customer Sync Via the API

Last post 06-13-2017 2:24 PM by dknoben. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2017 2:24 PM

Customer Sync Via the API

I have a very interesting problem and I could use some information about the quickbooks sync to help me solve the issue. The problem occurs in a very specific situation. When a user registers on the front end, we use the data to create a new customer record in method. This insert leads to a new customer in quickbooks very quickly, so the sync must happen right away. You also create a contact in method crm in the background. So, after I do the insert via the api, I get the new contact id you have created for me, and update that contact record (also via the api). Sometimes this update does not go well, for instance the user submitted a birthday that is invalid. When the update on my new contact fails, I need to "rollback" and delete the contact and customer records I just created. This all works well, but this is where I am running into the issue. After doing the delete on the customer record, this is not immediately synced over, so in quicbooks, I still see the customer as active. Until the sync occurs, the username the user chose to use on the front end is not "available" even though it will be after the sync between method and quickbook happens. So I need to know how often the sync happens?

I also need to figure out a workaround so that on the frontend, after the user fixes the issue and submits the form again, that username (which is the quickbooks full name field) is actually availbale to use, as it would be after the sync occurs between method and CRM and the name in quickbooks is updated to append [deleted].  If I did an update on the customer table via the api, would this trigger an automatic sync with quickbooks?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)