Method Community

Changing contact info on emails

Last post 06-24-2019 2:35 PM by AdrianG001. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2019 11:34 AM

• JKS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2019
    • Posts 1

Changing contact info on emails

Hi! Our contact info is our QB admin and we don't want her getting all of our customer questions, comments, ect. 

I was told we needed to change this in QB but we can't change our admin/accountant info in QB. 

Any ideas? This is what they said on the chat-

You can customize the screen to hard code in a different email address in there instead if you want. 

I have no idea how to do this. 

• 03-20-2019 10:22 AM In reply to

Re: Changing contact info on emails

Hi JKS,

How is your Admin getting all the customer questions, & comments? I can try and guide you in right direction but I just want to make sure I understand the question correctly.

-Inder

• 06-24-2019 2:35 PM In reply to

Re: Changing contact info on emails

Try this and let me know if it works

To update your email address for notifications:

1. Sign in to My Account.
    2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
    3. Check if you are logged in the correct company by looking at the top right corner. If not, choose the correct company from the drop-down.
    4. Scroll down to the Authorized Users list.
    5. Select Edit beside your name.
    6. Enter your new email address, then Save. Select on the X button to get back to the home page.
    7. You will receive a notification about this change to your new email address.

Email Address for Retrieving User ID/ Password

This is the email address associated to your Login information and is where you may receive your User ID and Password if you decide to reset your login information.

To update the email address associated to your login:

1. Sign in to My Account. (Go to My Account: Login help if you need  help signing in.)
    2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
    3. Select the drop-down arrow at the top right beside the company name.
    4. Select Edit Login, then go to the Profile tab.
    5. Select Edit in the Email address field.
    6. Enter your new email address in the Email address and Confirm email address field.
    7. Enter your login password in the Password field.
    8. Select Save. This sends a verification email to your new email address.
    9. Go to your email’s inbox and open the verification email. Select Verify my email.
    10. Once you see the prompt Email address verified, select Continue to complete the email change.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)