Method Community

Invalid Object Name

Last post 12-01-2008 8:58 AM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2008 8:58 AM

Invalid Object Name

Joe submitted a question: 

"Hi Kris,Sorry to bother you but my Item List screen is giving me this error  “Invalid object name “viewaccItem” on the Existing Items screen.  I deleted my screen and copied the screen from the Method library and still got the error.   I have fooled around with the Item table (but not recently) so maybe that’s the cause.  Can I recreate the Item table from the Method library? 

Any suggestions?"

Joe, when are you getting this error? When you click Save?  Also, what are you trying to do?  Enter in a new item? 

It does sound like it could be something coming from the Item table, especially if you have made changes.  What about a linked field?  Did you add a linked field into this table that maybe isn't drawing the correct data type?  Screens can be copied from the Method Library, as well as the corresponding table, should the table not exist in your account.  The problem here is that the table does already exist, as the Item table is a core element of QB.  Let me know when you're getting the error and we can look into it further. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)