Method Community

Error in web form - e-mailed to me

Last post 01-10-2011 11:15 AM by Method_Victor. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2011 2:51 PM

Error in web form - e-mailed to me

I have been receiving this error message when customers are using my web form.  It was working fine previously.  I haven' t changed anything in the web form that I uploaded to my webpage.  This is the error I get e-mailed to me and the information doesn't go into Method at all:

Your client had encountered an error with web form Web-To-Lead. This may be due to incorrect setup of the web form. The error encountered was: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Thanks,

Tiffany

Tiffany Breitkreutz, CPA
    President and Business Consultant
    Valley OnSite Solutions, LLC
    www.valleyonsitesolutions.com
  • 01-07-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Error in web form - e-mailed to me

Hi Tiffany,

We are currently investigating this issue. In order to help us with that, can you please tell us your method account name? Also can you tell us what email server are you using (for example GMail, Exchange, etc.)? Also, if you try submitting data through your own webform, are you getting any errors displayed to you in the browser? When you have submitted data to yourself, no data went through to method, correct? Also, are you submitting data from http or https page? When did you start experiencing this error? Were there any changes website where your web form is hosted which could have possibly caused this error? Does loading the web form in web form editor and then saving it again help?

Your help is greatly apperciated,

Thank you

Victor

• 01-07-2011 3:48 PM In reply to

My method account name is templatetiffanybreitkreutz.  Our e-mail server is a pop3 account mail.canopyconsulting.biz.  There are no errors displayed in the browser.  When I tried it myself it did correctly go to an opportunity in Method - it did not send me an e-mail which I've never gotten to work before either.  I was submitting from http.  There is additional details in the e-mail I received but I didn't want to share on the forum because it includes the contact info of the lead that submitted the form.  If you need it just e-mail me - Thanks!

Tiffany Breitkreutz, CPA
    President and Business Consultant
    Valley OnSite Solutions, LLC
    www.valleyonsitesolutions.com
  • 01-07-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

Hi Tiffany,

The reason why you were not been able to get email to work is because unfortunatelly Web Forms does not support POP3 protocol; It only supports SMTP protocol.

For the error "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure." it does sound strange that you didn't receive the same error as when your clients were submitting the same web form. We will, however try to test web forms in different browsers, under different conditions in order to reproduce the problem, therefore we will be able to fix it.

Thank you

Victor

• 01-10-2011 11:15 AM In reply to

Hi Tiffany,

We were not been able to reproduce the problem you were experiencing; However, we did create a fix, which should take care of your problem and which will allow your users to successfully submit their data to Method. If you will continue receiving errors from web forms, please contact us right away and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Victor

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)