Method Community

Undeposited Funds Table

Last post 12-11-2008 8:05 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2008 4:21 PM

Undeposited Funds Table

So Method has a default 'receive payments' function but since payments typically go to undeposited funds, which table would need to be accessed to pull all the payments made from receive payments to undeposited funds?  I am trying to duplicate the format of QB in Make Deposits.  Choosing Make Deposits brings up all payments made to undeposited funds that have not yet been deposited.  Payments can be selected and then the Deposit screen is prepopulated with the payments chosen. 

Thanks,

Lynnette 

• 12-10-2008 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: Undeposited Funds Table

Hi Lynette,

Not every screen that is in QuickBooks appears in Method.  We designed Method to be a basic template, allowing you as the end user to easily customize these templates with ease.  If we created a more robust template with extensive action sets, it could be cumbersome and confusing to do basic customizations for some of our end users. 

To answer your question, if the QuickBooks SDK opens the data to us, then we have it somewhere in Method's tables/fields. In this case, the Deposit and DepositLine tables house the information contained on the Make Deposits screen in QuickBooks and with customization, you could duplicate results that are similar to what you see on the Make Deposits screen in QuickBooks.  To do so, you would build screens based on the Deposit and DepositLine tables that would list the data and from there you could assign actions that would effect the deposit and transfer the funds from one account to another, in this case from the Undeposited Funds account crediting to the appropriate account.  

Hope this helps!  

• 12-10-2008 2:26 PM In reply to

• 12-10-2008 2:33 PM In reply to

Thanks for responding Michael. Although I am not sure that it helps me to be able to create what is necessary.  The Deposit and DepositLine Tables relate only in that I want to be eventually add the payments received to the tables.  However, QB must have a "Undeposited Funds" table of some sort else QB would not be able to allow you access to the payments that are waiting for deposit.  If QB has the table, I assumed that Method would have the same table.  However, if I understand you correctly Method does not have this table. Further, I would need to create a table from data entered in Receive Payment, then create much behind the scenes just to know what money was waiting in undeposited funds to be deposited.  Way to cumbersome to acccomplish a basic task.  Thanks for letting me know though.

Lynnette 

• 12-11-2008 8:05 AM In reply to

Hi Lynnette,

If QuickBooks opens a table up to us in their SDK, then Method has it too.  You'll find all tables pertaining to your account by clicking Customize > Tables/Fields.  'Undeposited Funds' does not have its own table since it is just an asset account in the Accounts table.

Regards,

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)