Method Community

How do you change the email address in web form emails?

Last post 04-21-2011 6:17 PM by SpaScapes. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2011 10:26 PM

How do you change the email address in web form emails?

I've made a couple web forms so far and they work great, however I don't know how to change the "from" email address. All the templates are set to send out emails with the "from" field set to "donotreply@methodintegration.com".

It looks like the form is set up to be able to change the address, however it is greyed out and can not be edited. Is this disabled as I have not set something correctly, or is it because it is still in beta?

• 02-22-2011 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: How do you change the email address in web form emails?

Great question! The reason why your "from" field is disabled and set to "donotreply@methodintegration.com" is because you haven't setup your own SMTP server. Quick tutorial on on doing that can be found here http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/93/757.aspx

Once your SMTP server is ready, you will be able to change the "From" email address to anything you want.

Thank you

Victor

• 03-08-2011 11:10 AM In reply to

I followed the instructions to set up my email with Method, and I received a test email.

Unfortunately, I still see the donotreply@methodintegration.com in my Web Forms as a greyed out box.

I double checked my settings, logged out and back in, and it still won't let me change the default address.

Any suggestions?

• 03-08-2011 11:48 AM In reply to

I will investigate your issue and will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you

Victor

• 03-09-2011 11:29 AM In reply to

Sorry for the wait.

I've investigated the issue. The problem was that once you've added the proper email settings to the account, your request would have been fulfilled if you would have been creating a new Web Form, but with existing Web Form, it remembered old value and refused to change. We had applied a fix, and now you should be able to change your email "From" setting.

Victor

• 04-21-2011 6:17 PM In reply to

Hi Victor,

I just realized the fix isn't working. On my form setup the "From" email address is changed and is what is should be, however the emails the form sends out are still donotreply@methodintegration.com

Thanks,

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)