Method Community

Data Refresh or Corruption issue

Last post 03-30-2011 4:56 PM by TogsTeam. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2011 3:08 PM

Data Refresh or Corruption issue

Suddenly I'm getting very weird behavior in the Add/Edit All Contacts screen - the screen is repeating contacts from Customer to Customer record. (As in, a contact for Customer D is showing up as a contact for Customer R.) I can't tell if I'm having a refresh problem, or if my database is hosed.

Anyone else having this issue?

• 03-17-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: Data Refresh or Corruption issue

TogsTeam,

It looks like there is something going on with the grid on your contacts screen. Let me look into this and get back to you. I am quite postive it is not corruption, most likely just something to do with how the grid is operating. I have tested it on my account and can't duplicate it so it may be specific to yours.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 03-17-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

Well, that's the story of *my* life... standing by.

• 03-22-2011 3:27 PM In reply to

Michael - it appears that the contacts issue is more serious than thought. We now have two customer contacts who have been inserted into our Employee table - one superimposed on top of the existing values for a current employee, and one contact who's now listed as an entirely brand new employee, linked to another.

What might that be about, and when do you think we'll have that resolved?

Lee

• 03-24-2011 7:15 PM In reply to

Any update, folks?

I don't want to hamper your debugging and investigation efforts, but I'm coming up on the end of the month, when accurate reporting is critical. Since I haven't heard back, I assume you still don't know what happened - that is, how a couple of Contacts ended up in the Employee and Sales Rep tables.

If it won't complicate your efforts, I'd like to update and re-import both tables, then run both Customer and Transaction updates tomorrow, so that we have the weekend for the synch with QB to clear. I can send you the pre-fixed copies of the tables, if those are needed for debugging purposes.

Will that work?

• 03-25-2011 9:06 AM In reply to

Hi Lee,

As discussed in our email exchange the issue with contacts is only a visual issue of how it was being displayed on the grid (It is not corrupt). The contacts are still all linked properly to the correct customers.

There was another issue that was brought to light where the employee that a sales rep was assigned too had changed but as mentioned to one of your employees it may have been user error since quite a bit of data had been exported and imported and you had also have recently performed a rebuild in QuickBooks. The last contact that I had with your employee they had rectified the sales rep/employee issue.

Once the fix for your issue goes live I will update you. You can run your update processes as they should not cause any conflicts.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 03-25-2011 6:56 PM In reply to

Michael:

I disagree on a couple of points - the primary one being your suggestion that the data 'crossover' was a display-only problem.

The issue of whether the contacts were linked to the correct customers is a secondary one, and may well be a display problem. However, the primary issue was that the contact information - specifically their names, email address, and phone numbers - overwrote existing information in the Employee tables, which then was propogated to our QuickBooks database during a synch. Literally, "Tom" became "Joyce", his phone and email were replaced by hers... and any report of his sales transactions run in QuickBooks reported that fact.

I'm quite sure that during the import/exports that I was performing to update our data, at no time did I change the Employee name to that of the stray contact. There'd be no reason to do so, obviously.

Denise corrected the *names* in the QB Employee file that we believe were introduced by the Method synch. Subsequent synchs show that the Employee name fixes are "holding." However, she also fixed the email addresses, but those were overridden by the next synch, as the Method data was still incorrect.

With the MI engine disconnected and turned off, I have now exported, fixed, and re-imported the Employee file. I have also made changes to the SalesRepLookup table (unrelated to the current issues), and am now re-importing these changes.

When those are done, I'll run Customers and Transactions Updates (all records), resynch, and we'll see where we are.

• 03-28-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

Michael - Monday update on weekend activities: I uploaded an updated version of the SalesRepLookup file, tested my commission report, fixed some mis-assigned Reps and TxRegions (our fault) in both Method and QB, and ran both Update routines successfully (much faster now, thanks!)... and we're up and running after giving sufficient time to implement and synch all the changes at the Transaction level.

We'll keep an eye on things this week and see where we stand.

Lee

• 03-30-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lee,

The fix for the issue you were having with your Add / Edit contacts screen has now been pushed out Smile. Can you verify that it works when you get a chance?

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 03-30-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

You want me to break it again?  Okay... I'll do some edits tomorrow...

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)